Monday, October 18, 2010

A CHANGE OF ADDRESS

(Ross sent a very brief email earlier in the day to arrange a time for "the phone call" when he flies out to Paraguay on Wednesday.  Apparently this cut into his regular email time - so the letter is a bit shorter).


Sorry, but I'm down to less than half the normal time I have so I'll have to be brief. Sorry to all those who just can't wait to get a letter from me... lol. Things are crasy here right now. I'm having a heck of a time finding enough time to be packed and ready by wednesday.

We had a health and safety meeting this week. Hopefully we'll only be sick for half the time we're out instead of the whole time. lol

Our big speaker this week was Richard C. Edgley, 1st councilor in the presiding bishopric. Pretty sick. I'd tell you what he said but me notebook is with my teacher right now...haha. Hopefully tomorrow the Prophet will come. Its his last chance before we leave.

Thanks so much for the package! I saw the price and felt kinda bad. However, although the wrapping on the box was shredded and mangled, the insides were still good. Everybody loved a taste of some good ol' Canadian food. So thank ya all kindly! Much appreciated.

This week we got to host. It was fun being the very first part of the MTC that people got to know. Helped a couple sister missionaries with their bags and an elder who's going to halifax. His twin was going to edmonton. Both from California. Crasy. I forgot his name tho....haha

Our teachers been acting out a roll of an alcoholic guy for us. Its actually been really cool to help him out, as we've had to talk with him every day to help him with his addiction. Kinda ridiculous, but at the same time, its been really cool to actually start feeling like you're helping someone instead of just teaching fake lessons. Exciting to think I'll get to do that full time in a couple of days here.

Sad news. First Elder I've known to leave early made his departure this week. Kind of a sad reality. He had just been having a hard time getting into it, didn't think he was feeling the spirit, felt like he was wasting the lords time etc etc. Anyways, kinda just reminded everyone that although we all seem solid that everyone has their struggles. Hopefully I don't have to see too many more leave.... :(

Made THE SICKEST goal ever in soccer. Midfield, lobbed it over everyone (including the goalie) and right into the back of the net. Just thought I'd share my defining moment in MTC soccer. It was big. lol

If my memory serves me correctly, T-Switty's new album should have come out this week. Hope you're all livin it up on my behalf. hahaha

We had a really nice testimony meeting the other night. Its going to be really sad to say goodbye to my district cuz I love'em all. But I'll probs see them in Paraguay so nbd I guess.

Had our departure devotional. Its really here. Kinda crasy. I think everyone here (myself included) are having various degrees of excitement and nervousness simultaneously. Its a battle between wanting to get out of here, see the world and help others, and Not being able to speak to anyone, being sick as a dog etc etc.

Anyways. Wow. Time flys when you type. Dad - I met that Craig Cosgrove guy in the gym. Apparently he works here. The convo started off my flames shirt.

Thanks to Carmen for the letter! Much appreciated.

Anyways, bout time to wrap up. I'm excited to go. I'll let you all know how it is next week. Love you all. I'll try and call as soon as I have a chance. Keep it real everyone. Wish me luck (or prayers work great too...lol)

Love,

Elder Humphreys

No comments: