Monday, October 11, 2010

SLC FIELD TRIP and TRAVEL PLANS

Hola! Qué tal?
So this week seems like there isn't a lot to talk about on one hand. At the same time there are a couple big highlights that we had.

The field was closed this week cuz there's a giant sinkhole in it due to a busted pipe or something. Long story short - the gym is sooooo not fun. lol. We patiently await the day when it opens back up.

In class we spent a day learning about other religions so that we could teach non-christian types. That was really fun, especially cuz hno. coles knows all about muslims and stuff and had all the outfits and everything. Speaking of other religions tho...lol. Apparently my companion is into "Chi" and using "Natural Oils" and stuff. He thinks I'm crasy cuz I'm a big sceptic of that kinda stuff... so I just had to get him back by telling my family that he's a little crasy that way too. lol

The fireside this week was good. A little bit of a letdown because the promise of a high ranking general authority was way off. But he was cool anyways. Elder Newenshwander (an Emeritus 70) talked to us. I'd tell you all about it, but I forgot all the notes on it back in my room. haha.

Had my first crasy snack this week. You would have probably thought that I'd have to wait till I got to Paraguay to eat crasy food, but you thought wrong. A guy in my district got some "Larvettes" from his girlfriend and so we all ate at least one. Basically it was just a dehydrated meal-worm with some mexican spice flavour on it. It prettly much just tasted like a little bit of crunch and then bug exoskeleton stuck in your teeth... fun stuff.

Ooo. Fun story. I had heard that international missionaries get to make a trip to the Salt Lake temple before they leave. Also fun is that they have started (within the last couple of months) letting the missionaries do a session there. Anyways, I was expecting an invite, but caught word that they wouldn't be doing a trip the week that I was scheduled to leave. So I ran down to the International Office, and they were kind enough to book me a seat on the bus. The very next day I got to go on a field trip. It was kinda ridiculous because there are people from the states here that live further away than me, but I didn't particularly care. I hung out all day with a guy from New Zealand, a British chap, and a South African (all of which didn't know any Canadians

Okay. Sorry the computer is going screwy on me. I'll try my best to make this work. Anyways. The temple was super cool. I loved the live-factor which made me notice things that I wouldn't have seen before.  It was also just really nice inside and I really appreciated all the work that went into that.  Everyone else really loved temple square and such, but having been before, the temple was definately the highlight

And if that wasn't sweet enough, WE GOT OUR TRAVEL PLANS!! Super exciting. Turns out (as I think I mentioned last time), we'll actually be leaving 5 days earlier than planed. On the 20th we fly outa here, head to Chicago for a 4 hour layover, and then to Miami for a short while. Then its all the way off to Buenas Aires. Crasy!  As for making a phone call, I think the best time would be in Chicago at like 11:30 (or maybe a little bit after),  and thats Chicago time. Hope that works out okay. I could call in the morning, but it would be really early and I don't know how long I could talk for. Let me know. I got 9 more days and 1 more email before I'm out of here. Insane. I'm going to die when I get there cuz its so hot and I cant say nearly enough Spanish, but I'm excited for sure

I remembered to take my Dukoral the other day. I'm going to be a little bit behind on the doses and probably won't be immune by its standards until the day or after I get there. Any secret I should know? Should I take the second dose early or man up or what? I've so far just followed directions, I was jsut one day short of the 2 weeks before mark

Anyways, I'm running outa time and this computer is killing me. So sorry if I don't get to everything here. I'm just hoping you can read it all when I'm done. lol

Happy Birthday to Cache Jaclynn and Jeffrey! Sorry if I'm a little late. The days all kinda just blend here.... 1

Noooooo!!!!! Sooooo sad about my jury summons. If you can, make sure you check off the box that says I'll do it in two years. haha

Marissa - pj's are yours (until i return that is) LOL, life is good. My fav scrip I read today was D+C 68:2-5. I thought it was cool cuz anything the spirit tells me to say on my mission is basically as good as the scriptures. Nbd. haha Oh, and I had to lay off the juice a little, tho I still love it. I just have to keep under the 140 mark and that was the first to go.... LOL

Haha. Its true what they say. My serious face prevailed in that song. Lo siento. Hope that didn't offend anyone. If only they had showed me every other time. I swear i was smiling....yah

Chloe - thank you so much for the letter!! Hope Jaclyn loved her pres

Mom, the cheese did explode. Fortunately I was only minorly injured. You can talk to the instigator of the explosion if you'd like to know more

Dad - Stamps game? Seriously! Arg!!! haha. Some kids are so lucky these days. haha. I agree. I think the talk by Elder Lawrence was great. Maked me greatful to have great parents.  We watch conference live here in the gym. I saw sat mornin, and sunday afternoon.

Everyone here loved Elder Gibbs letter btw. They thought the stories were funny when I couldn't resist but share.

Oh, they made me give the talk in church this week. Thankfully it was all in Spanish so noone realized how lame it was. It was mostly straight out of Preach My Gospel haha

Anyways, times up. Love you lots! Call you in 9 days. Keep it real. Being a missionary is da Bomb (yah, i'm that cool)

Yours truly/Love,

Elder Humphreys

No comments: