Monday, June 27, 2011

KIDNEY STONES

Hahaha. Hope I didn´t scare you tooooo much with the subject heading there. More on that later. But don´t worry. I´m perfectly healthy. :)

Glad you all had a fantastic week.... even though the TV had to be such a bummer. LAME! Thats one of the benifits of having given it basically up. I sure as heck miss it, but its never a hassel at least. lol. Except this computer that I´m on is really slow, and its taking a lot longer to write then it should. But you know... You got a good year and a couple months to get it all fixed up and ready for my big homecoming right? haha.

Anyways, gotta be quick. Lots to say. Monday was fantastically traquilo. Finaly got my hair cut, didn´t have to travel. etc.

I did forget to mention last week though. We had this wierd phenomenon come through where summer hits a second time. Last week I was back, just sweatin a ful. Not fun at all. Blah. But then within like one or two days, winter finally hit here. Last night walking to the house it said it was 4 degrees in the streets. Not really THAT bad, but if you aren´t moving around and you don´t have a good place to warm up it can get to you. The Paraguayans are of course just dieing because they´re so used to the heat, but I really enjoyed it for the most part. Except for church where i sat by the door and the wind was just blowing in. Not that fun. My face and lips where all blue after. haha. But we´re keeping warm, and doing good. I actually really like it. I just put on a sweater and I´m good to go. Everybody just tells me I got Canadian blood. haha

We got a call asking about how much room we have in our house... sounds like we might be getting stuck in another trio this change. Ugh. Oh well. You do what you gotta do. There are TONNES of new missionaries showing up in the next few changes here, so within just a litle bit we´re going to see LOTS of changes. I´m excited. Should be really good. I´ll probably get to/have to (not sure what the right way to say that is) go up to senior comp which is alright with me, but I´m just praying that I won´t have to train a newbie or anything crasy like that. LOTs of responsability!

Kinda was a little sick this week. But just a cough and whatnot. And I got it BEFORE the cold, so don´t worry about that. I managed to pass it on to my comp and a couple others before it got stopped, but its luckily going okay.

Had a couple cool lessons this week. Got to share about the Book of Mormon with a guy that was pretty sceptical. He´s talked with a lot of people before and just doesn´t know what to believe. But we shared with him the books promise, and I think he´s really going to read and pray with some real intent, so that would be cool.

Had a sad experience where one of our faithful members started drinking again. Its been really hard on his family, and it was really sad to see. But we´re going to see what we can do. Its really wierd because we´re kinda like missionaries, branch presidents, and home teachers here, and so when people have a problem, we´re the first people they go to. Not that thats bad, but theres a lot of responsiblity.

Ran out of money again this week. But I just got more so we´re good. I´m learning to budget and its great!

Anyways, somehow I´m already totally out of time. I´m happy the b-day went so fantastic. My favorite thing was the old spice present... and the car. haha. Glad everyones loving it. Cool to hear that AMbers getting married. I´d say go for the golf. Me and Elder Chatelain have been talking about it and I want to go golfing again sometime soon. HAPPY CANADA DAY! ´We´re going to try and do something fun.

Anyways, just to finish, I guess I should explain. This morning Elder Chatelain woke up in a lot of pain. So we got dressed quick and we headed over to the hospital. They took some tests, I had to run around and buy all these meds for him and whatnot, make a bunch of phone calls to our doctors and the like. Anyways, looks like he´s got kidney stones. Crasy! I´m making it a habit today to drink more water. But yeah. He´s good now cuz he´s on pain killers, but we get to go in to Asuncion tomorrow to get some ultrasounds. But yeah. I´m trying to take care of him. Its quite the adventure.

Anyways, I´d love to say more, but my computer is in demand. Hopefully more news next week. Love you lots, glad all is well. Have a fantastic week!

Love

Elder Humphreys

No comments: