Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Quickest letter You´ll ever get...

Wow. This didn´t work out well. I tried to write earlier this morning, but your letter hadn´t showed up yet. So we waited and now I have to catch my bus in 15 min and I still haven´t written President yet. So sorry if this letter is kind of lame. I feel bad after having recieved such an expensive one of my own. I still haven´t read all of your letter yet for the sake of time, but i´ll print it off. Glad you´re all having fun. Looks like a blast!

Thankfully this week was pretty tranquilo and I don´t have all that much to report. We recovered nicely from our long trip last sunday, and all is good. I realized that my shoes are starting to take the toll of one year of walking though. Thats no good. Made a wise super glue purchase, and hopefully things should continue to hold up for a while still. Crasy to think that I almost have a whole year already!

Dang it. I didn´t happen to take very good notes of what happened this week either. For interesting foods, I had Parsley juice (don´t think I´ve had that before), and I´m working on getting some eel or armadillo meat so that we can have a feast with some investigators. I almost got tricked into drinking soda out of a dirty wine glass, too, but thats a different story. Thankfully our investigator was watching out for me. lol

Probably one of my biggest highlights of the week was a call from Elder Call. He called to wish me a happy birthday, but even cooler than that is that he let me know that one of our investigators from back when I was in Mariano has since given up smoking, drinking and got married. His baptism should supposedly be this week. SUPER cool. He didn´t really progress for a while, but something always seemed to hold us back from ¨dropping¨him and not visiting anymore. So thats legit. I´m excitied to visit them again in a year here. Hes even got his own car which is really awesome, and I can see him being a leader in the church in the not too distant future.

Our investigators are progressing nicely too which is great. We´re going to see if I get changed tonight, but I hope not. Looks kinda probable though. I dunno. Had an investigator walkto church on his crutches and I think he liked it. Another kid who´s about 19 years old and super legit has been reading the scriptures a ful, and agreed to live the law of chastity and the word of wisdom, things that are often hard for kids his age to change rapidly. Its been going good like that.

We´ve also been helping the members a lot and trying to get ready to go to the temple this Saturday (IF I don´t get changed, I´ll be able to go too :). Today we got the devestating news that supposedly there isn´t any money for us to go all of a sudden, but Presidente Madariaga is working on it. We´ll be praying a ton. Hopefully that goes well.

Anyways, I´m sorry for such a short update. We´ve been in Santani all night. Good times. Hope you´ll all forgive me. Things are going good. Hopefully I´ll have more time to write next week. Thanks for the expensive letter. I am going to really enjoy it. Btw, got Grandpas letter. Thanks! I really liked it. And some others too for which I´m always apreciative for. And My packages are in the office, and I´m super excited for those in a week or two. Anyways, gotta run. Love you!!!!

Elder Humphreys

No comments: