Monday, August 29, 2011

ELDER HUMPHREYS COMPLETES 1 YEAR ON THE MISSION WITH MIXED FEELINGS

HOLA! Wow I´m dumb. I just deleted everything that I wrote you. Fortunately it wasn´t that much.... As I was saying, glad to hear that everything went well with the trip, that you all got home safely and that you had a blast. Sorry that the fotos I sent didn´t work. I´m trying to send them again, but we´ll see how it goes. I didn´t bring my camera again with me.... if not, next week. Thanks for the ones you sent though. Super cool. I hope you´re planning a very similar trip again in about 2 years, so that the next time you can enjoy it agian, with Elder Humphreys! That´d be fun. My favorite part of course was when you made the quick stop at ROSS: Dress for Less. But I´m sure the rest of it was Almost as cool. Wierd to think that summer past so quickly and that you´re all going back to school. messed Up! Have fun! lol. Also crasy to hear that Marissa drove all the way to rexburg, and that you´ll be one member of the family down again. But yeah. Fun Stuff!

Anyways, I´m sorry to say that my week didn´t have anything all that exciting to report. Obviously it went good and we worked hard, but we didn´t go on any extravagent vacations again or anything like that. The silliest part was probably when Elder McCain got splashed by a car that drove by through a puddle. He got all wet. haha. I tried not to laugh at him or anything, because I was definately glad that I wasn´t in that situation. But its something I´ve been waiting my whole life to see, and it finally happened. But thats just ridiculousness.

The highlight of the week was probably this Sunday. I tied my all time record for non-members in church, and we also had a pretty good turn out of members. Some of them were people that don´t look like they´ll be able to get baptized any time soon, but oh well. A couple of them were some of our best investigators that finally came and I think they really liked it. Thank goodness. Went really well. I also gave a talk when our speakers didn´t show up. Talk about D+C 88:74-81. Good stuff.

Also got to do a bunch of Noche de Hogar´s (FHE´s) with people this week. Watched the new D+C videos. I don´t know if you´ve seen them yet, but they´re really good. My favourite is about a guy named John Tanner. A pioneer that gave up everything he had to the church after being miraculously healed by the priesthood. Super Legit.

Elder McCain had bad luck this week and got sick. Crasy because every comp that I´ve had basically has now had to miss a day of work at least for sickness while we´ve been together. Its like being with me makes people sick. haha. But fortunately I´m still good and healthy. Doing my excercises, trying to drink clean water etc. Its good. Keep praying for me will ya?, because its definately working and I appreciate it lots.

Super duper wierd because this week I completed 1 year since the day that I checked into the MTC. Wierded me out a little bit. On one hand it feels like I´ve been gone a really long time. That this is the only life I can really remember having, and that I´ve been away from my family for a LONG time. But at the same time, it kinda feels like just yeasterday that I checked into the MTC and that its gone by WAY too fast. Ít´ll just be tomorrow when I leave. Wierd to think that I´m over the hill and already on my way out. lol. Its been good though to do some thinking about where I was, how I´ve improved as a person and missionary and where I want to go in the next year or so that I got left. I really think that in this short time I´ve changed a lot. And almost all for the better. Its been really good. I wish that I could have done even more with the time I´ve had, but I´m excited to make year 2 even better than year one.

Also another random note, but I found out that basically nobody in my group will be leaving the day that we would normally leave. Everybody is either leaving early for work or school, or staying later to tour around. So thats nice. I won´t be missing out on the party when my group leaves. But thats still a LONG ways away. Staying focused on the present.

One of our members is really sick right now. She has diabetes, and she got bit by her cat the other day and has this big infection. And she doesn´t have money to get to Asuncion to go to the doctors. Not cool. But we had a nice little talk where I got to talk about trials and afflictions in her life, and how the Lord would help her through her problems. Related that a lot to problems that I´ve had or seen as of late in my own life.

Taught a lot of English this week. Got to do a mini division with one of the members. Went fantastic. Talked to Elder Patterson agian. Sounds like he´s doing swell and that he´s got a really good comp. Some kid that i´ve talked to before died in San Pedro the other day after he got drunk and a security guard shot him. Kinda crasy because this town is usually SUPER tranquilo. Happy B-day to Aunt Stephanie by the way. Besides that, a really tranquilo week. Went well. This week President Arnold (Area 70) from the first quorum of the 70 is coming to talk to us. Should be exciting. The last time he came he made everyone feel bad for not being better missionaries, but at the same time, really helped us out. I imagine that that is what will happen this time. lol. Hopefully he doesn´t make us feel like tooooo big of failures. Aparently his testimony is POWERFUL, so that should be good though. Wish us luck! haha.

Anyways, love you lots, hope the week goes well. HAVE FUN IN SCHOOL! haha. Talk to you next week!

Love,

Elder Humphreys

No comments: