Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Office - Week 9

Wow. Crasy day today in the office. Usually Saturdays are nice and tranquilo and we don't have to work, but this was a special one. President has a conference that he has to be at next week in Argentina, and so the change day got changed (ironically enough). That means that our P-day got kinda messed up because I spent all morning working my butt off for the changes. And I got more stuff that I have to do this afternoon before President leaves. Kind of a disaster. Probably will be sending a little bit shorter of a letter this week....
But thats alright. Not tons to write about this week....
Glad to hear that the week was pretty good for all of you though. Hope those that were sick are feeling better and that the rest of you don't get too sick with something either. Glad to hear that nobody crashed either. Crasy stuff. Nice work on the pumpkins. They look sick! I had people ask me earlier if my family was really artistic or something. I told them what I thought to be the truth, but they didn't believe me..... they said they were all too well done. haha. You macaneros, going trick-or-treating... You know you're too old for that. Oh well. lol. Nice work on the singing. Sounded really good to me. Same with the stone. Looks very nice. I'm also glad to hear that our office isn't the only crasy one that is scurrying around just to get everything all done. lol. Not so much fun. And I'm sorry to say it, but I think my English abilities are starting to weaken - none of us in the whole office know what "Pidgeon hole-ing" is. But I think I get your drift. haha
Wow. I just found some bubble wrap in the office and wasted 20 minutes popping it all. Dang it. And I just took a bunch of pictures with one of Elder Patterson's converts. He cooks for us during change week. He's legit.
Anyways. Weirds me out to think that you're already thinking about school sign up. Seems forever away. I thought I'd just do all the signing up when I got home. Glad to hear that Theo won't be leaving me to go rock out. I keep meaning to write the guy, but every P-day there seems to be one disaster or another thats been keeping me away from my letters. I'll get there, one day. Hopefully he doesn't think that I've forgotten him by then. I've been kinda ignoring everyone like that lately. What a bad friend. Its weird too just thinking about school as a big fun friend-together rather than the thing that I loathed before. Good stuff. Fun that you get some good old tranquilo vacations too. That sounds nice and relaxing.
I think I'm doing mostly good for Christmas stuff. The clothes are holding up good enough. The lunch lady offered to re-hem some of my pants for me the other day, and she said that she'll fix whatever I need for absolutely free (rather than hemming them, I've just been putting some safety pins in them really cleverly so that they stayed up. haha). So without overtaking of her goodness, I think I'll probably try and take advantage of that. lol. I think mostly everything should keep holding up. I hardly ever where pajamas because its so hot (just shorts. lol), underwear here is 20 cents a piece and I go by the place everyday. Deodorant, shampoo and that kind of thing - you can basically get it all at the store. I can just pull money out of my account if needed. Basically I'm the boringest person in the world to send stuff too. You can just send something really tiny if you want. Maybe a letter and a picture or painting or something. Thats all I need. If you find anything exciting you can throw it in. I'm not picky.
Anyways, I really don't know how much time I'll have, so I guess I should get on this here. I don't really know what to tell you about the week though. I had my last week with Elder Gustafson at my side. One of the comps where it was sad to see him go, rather than a relief. lol. Thankfully, being in the office, I'll see him around. And I can call him and bug him whenever I so please. haha. Fortunately Elder Thomson is a good guy. We'll have fun. Spent a bit of time saying goodbye to all of the people he'll miss.
Halloween was a blast. We... worked. And about nothing else. I think I got some icecream. Ate some old candy the next day when I remembered. Yay.....
Sadly, I think we went without very many unforgetable moments this week. We got to talk with Gabriela a couple more times, but her parents are still just kinda being lame. But we're praying for a miracle. We have a cool lesson planned out for tonight, so hopefully that all goes well.
Wow. This letter is lamer than I thought. These last two days were kindof a disaster. Changes never goes 100% smoothly. This time the biggest problems were that the people didn't show up when they were supposed to and so we had to reorganize everything. And we almost didn't have anything to eat for lunch today. That kinda stuff. But, we survived. It was WAY less stressful for me this time than last time. For a couple of reasons. First of all, I didn't run out of cash. Which is good because its not fun at all. And its not the end of the month, so nobody was not going to make it home if I didn't get them their money. I didn't make nearly as many dumb mistakes, and there was only half as many newbies to worry about. Thank goodness. So whereas last change week at this point I was just brain dead, this time I feel fine. Hopefully it just keeps getting easier.
Well, I just realized that what I was going to do is going to be imposible to get done in time, and isn't as important to do as I thought it was. So I can relax a little bit more now. I'd write more, but I just don't know what to say. How depressing. This week will be a little crasy in the office, with tonnes of stuff to do, but there won't be too much pressure to get it done I don't think. Should go smoothly. Should have more time to work in our area too, so that'll be good.
Anyways, I'm out of ideas. Sorry. Lame, I know. And I have a little personal project that I got to work on. But I'm glad that you're all well. Things are going fantastically here. No complaints whatsoever. I'm coming to love this country more and more every day. Sometimes its sad to not be out in the "real mission field", but the office isn't all that bad. I got to talk to the Elders that were in San Pedro today. They told me about all the crasy stuff that's been going on since I left. Wish I could be there. But it just shows me how much you have to live for every day while you have it. Fortunately it sounds like things are going well out there for the most part. Some people that I knew have gotten baptized or are working towards it. Fun to see the progression that you made with people continue to move forward. It'll be great to be able to go back and see it all again in about a year here. Its funny how much you miss the people.
But yeah. Hope things continue to do well for you all. Keep up the good work. Be good missionaries and share the gospel. Don't forget to read and pray every day. The church is true! Love ya all!!
Elder Humphreys

No comments: