Monday, June 11, 2012

Saltos - week 13

Howdy there. Sorry if this is a shorter one. I have a decent headache from all the physical activity that we got in this morning. Its distracting me from diligent typing. Glad to hear that all is well. Teaching all sorts of lessons - I hear that practice makes PERFECT. lol. I like how the more you teach, the less big of a deal it is when somebody just jumps you with a lesson. Nice work on the musical stuff. I liked the video. Its weirding me out that classes are ending. Seems like just the other day that you were all on family vacations last summer. Time flies when you´re having fun. Does this mean that you might get to sing at the temple dedication? That would be really cool. Any word on when that will be?
This week was good. Started out a little rough, but was really good in the end. Monday - the rain. Tuesday, the cold struck hit. It was awesome. My comp almost died of the cold, but I was really happy. We visited a less active family who are really trying hard to come back to church. They have problems with the word of wisdom, work etc., but its great because at least they have sincere desires to change. The local missionary in our district had his last day Tuesday. Cya Elder Cristian Lopez. Bienvenidos Elder Enrique Bailon. Elder Bailon is from California but his parents are from Mexico, so that gives the best of both worlds. English and spanish.
That meant that Wednesday we were in a trio. I´m basically companions now with Elder Schmidt. We had a great lesson with our main investigator Adriana. Shes great. She has all the desires in the world to be baptized. Her only problem is with her boyfriend. He doesn´t really want to rush getting married. So thats slowing her down. But shes telling us to visit all of her family and friends. She accepts everything. Bummer on the marriage, but we´ll be fasting for her this week.
Thursday was fun. We had a great comp study. Learned lots. The thing we practiced came up in one of our lessons and I got super excited. I set Elder Svedin up perfectly to share his part... .and then I found out that he was daydreaming. haha. That reminded me of my early days as a missionary. Its hard when you don´t follow their stories very well to keep focused sometimes. That was funny. The day went kind of rough, but we had a fun ward night to finish it off. I thought that no one was going to come because of the cold, but there was a good turn out. We watched some of the extras from the Joy to the World video. They were really nice.
Friday - normal. I´d tell more but I´m basically out of time.
Saturday we had an awkward moment were we accidently told two families that we would come to lunch. In the end, to not hurt anyones feelings we had to eat twice. Bummer. lol. Fortunately we were able to jam enough food in to make both families think that they had fed us. Oops. We almost got to eat Armadillo for lunch. I was super excited. But it still had to cook for 5 or so more hours. Bummer. We also set up a bunch of lessons with member and they all fell through. Oh well. We tried. Saturday in the end went really well though. Lots of good lessons. Its always super tricky to find someone to teach when it gets past 8, but we managed to make it work.
Sunday was really cool. We met up at the church early and took a trip out to a neighboring city for district conference. The conference was super good. Cleverson got the Melquisidec priesthood. Adriana took her little son and they loved it. We even got the chance to see a whole bunch of ostrich off on the side of the road. Awesome. I love taking trips with the ward. That night we got to drink this drink made out of bat. Well, thats what they tricked us into thinking. I finally got it after not too long, but the language barrier left Elder Svedin in the dark for a while. haha. What a bad trainer I am. Fun stuff though. It sure tasted good for bat.
Today we had a blast playing soccer. We lost in the dying moments, but we had a blast anyways. Bought a goofy baseball hat today - 5 bucks. Couldn´t pass it up.
But yeah. Gotta run. Things are great here. We have a pretty good teaching pool so I´m happy. We´re working hard and doing our best. Making the best of every moment. But, I gotta run. Love you lots. Have a great week and talk to ya soon! Chau.
Elder Humphreys


No comments: