Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Salts - Week 14

Hiiiiiii. Glad to hear that you had a great week. Sounds like lots of fun stuff went down. How exciting that I will be able to be there for the temple stuff. Glad to hear that I didn´t miss EVERYTHING. Wow. As far as the card goes... I´ll try and take some out today or tomorrow. Hopefully it works. Its not like I´m desperate, but its hard to not buy stuff when your comp is buying every week. I´m holding back a lot, but it doesn´t help that I´ll be needing to get a lot of stuff in the future soon anyways. Fun stuff about the wedding and everything. I´m kind of sad that you didn´t send pictures or anything, but I´ll be patient until next week. haha. Cute about the song at church. Too bad I missed it. Also nice work on the money raising. Great job. I´m sad that I missed the breakfast - for some reason when I think about it, it the pancake breakfast has always just been something that we did EVERY year. Its like missing my last Christmas all over again. I would definitely suggest paint balling, but don´t practice too much because I still need to be able to win we play after I get home. I can´t believe that you guys are going a triathalon. That just doesn´t sound fun at all to me. haha. I did realize this morning though what a little practice does for you. We ran to the laundry ladies house and I didn´t break down out of breath on the way there. Im pretty sure I wouldn´t have been able to run nearly that hard or long before my mission. As for the Hotels. I promise that they will be cheaper than back at home. By a long shot. they should all have AC too. There really aren´t all that many mosquitos anyways. You´ve definitely missed the bad season. Its pretty tranquilo now. Hopefully we´ll have time for the falls... it´ll depend on how long it takes to visit all of the people. I´ve been going through all of my old planners and stuff recently. Remembering all the people I´ve met and the places to go. Fun stuff. The week started out pretty normal. Our shower was broken for a couple of days, so that was kind of a bummer. Not fun at all when you have to shower in ice cold water. So I skipped a couple days and the other days I just splashed myself with the water and tried to get all the soap off. Ugh. Thankfully the guy that takes care of the houses came and fixed it up for free. I also realized that I´m basically down to 2 pairs of workable pants - 3 have holes, 1 is too small, and I think the wash people lost another pair. So that means that I have to be careful to not get my pants dirty until the other ones get back from the wash. haha. Its a fun little rotation. Thankfully I´m almost done so I dont mind too much. Lesson teaching was kind of rough this week. Its tricky because there are a lot more people that work in this area than is normal. So almost anybody that we want to visit is only free from 5:30 till 8ish. So that makes it fun trying to fit people all in in that time. During the day there is lots of time, but when it counts it just doesn´t go far enough. Speaking of the clothes though - as kindly as I possibly could, last week I told the wash lady that I was missing my pants, a jersey, a pair of shorts, and the bed sheet that went missing a long time ago. I made sure not to be angry or blame her for anything. But everytime that I saw them the looked mad at me. Then on Saturday they said that they didn´t want to do our clothes or clean our house anymore. Wow. Well, I didn´t really care about the house clean. That was just for fun. But the clothes was kind of crasy. I wasn´t mad at all because I was planning on leaving all the clothes here anyways. But she blew it all out of proportion. So I had to explain to them a bunch of times how it wasn´t a big deal. Blah. I hate drama. Really, more than anything I just don´t want something dumb like that to get in between them and liking the missionaries or the church. It happens way too often where something blown out of proportion ruins a persons faithfulness in the church. So hopefully they forgive me and they can look past it. The thing that really bugged me more than anything is just the fact that I tried so hard to be unoffensive - There are a lot of things I do just because i don´t want to offend people. I always eat all my food, I try and never speak in English in front of them, I try and be really friendly and happy always. But yeah. That was kind of a bummer. Hopefully we can all just be happy :) Other scary moment this week. Sharing glasses or straws or whatever here is never a big deal. Sometimes even people will just bring out one glass for you and your comp. Anyways, I´ve grown accostomed to that. So it scared me to death when AFTER having shared some stuff with my comp, he tells me that he has Mono, and that if it becomes active or whatever in 10 days I´m infected for life. Dang it. I don´t really know anything about mono so I just had to trust him. Well, he started feeling sick the other day. Dang I was scared. lol. But apparently it is just the common cold. Theres a lot of that going around lately. So hopefully I´m still clean. I won´t be sharing any more from now on. We learned that one of our investigators got put in jail this week. Hes 15. Probably good for him so that he doesn´t get in any more trouble. Also have a new investigator who just got out of jail a couple months back. So thats fun. Fortunately they are really good people. lol. Friday we met up with Cleverson. Apparently he just finished the Book of Mormon. Hes reading tons. And he also told us that he found a scripture that really hit him, and now he´s really excited to serve a mission. Right now he´s just working really hard to save up to go. Saturday we cleaned the church. My comp was feeling sick and the other guys didn´t seem to be very excited or into the work. That meant that I spent a long time mopping. Oh well. The best part was Sunday when the branch president complimented us on how good the place looked. Made me happy for a job well done. We tried to do a visit with the ward mission leader that night too. We showed up at the time we were supposed to be at the investigators house. Then we waited for them to shower and get ready. We showed up over an hour late. Ouch. So it was a short lesson, and it was kind of awkward because everyone was half asleep. But oh well. It was worth it to get them some member support. Sunday was great. Adriana, her friend, and Francisco and Marisel all came to church. Not a bad turn out at all. Not a bad turn out in church as far as members either and so all in all great. Great meeting with the ward missionaries that night too so that was great. Good progression here. Today. Lots of rain. Yeah. They oppened up a new huge import store here. We were super exited for macaroni and cheese, peanut butter, easy cheese etc etc etc. For me not so much, but my comp was about to explode with excitement. In the end, the food section was almost non existant. It just had clothes and electronics and such. Lame. haha. But yeah. Studies are great. I´m almost done the new testament and loving it. Also read probably my 2nd favorite talk from conference: The WHY of Priesthood Service. Loved it. But yeah. Gotta run. I know its kind of near the end of the week, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!! Wooo. Hope its swell. And of course, Happy Birthday to Tara too. You should have a party together. lol. But yeah. Have a great week. Sorry to everybody for never writting back.... Love you guys lots! Thanks for everything. Keep up the good work, study hard and see you soon! Elder Humphreys

No comments: