Monday, March 7, 2011

Mundongo


Hola everybody!

To start off, I{ll let you know that I didn{t get change. Even wierder though, neither did Elder Call. So that means that we{re going to be together for 4 and a half months at the very least. Thank goodness we get along. lol. It probably also means that I{ll be spending a total of at least 6 months here before I get changed out, but we{ll see what happens... But yeah. We{re doing good and just keep doing what we can here.

Secondly, I opened up my packages. They were great! We{ve been munching on the candy all week, drinkin koolaid (awesome. We drink powdered drink all the time but theres nothing as good as that here.), I{ve spent the mornings and evenings lounging in my p-jays, we used a bunch of the stickers this week, ate some legit poridge,  and had a blast unwrapping it all. Felt just like Christmas....away from home. :)

Thirdly. Totally forgot to mention all the birthday wishes that I meant to last week. Namely, Happy Birthday Carmen, MacKenzie, and especially Emma! Sorry I forgot to mention them. I remembered them all before the day, but it was too late to get them into an email in time. You{ll have to forgive me on that. On that note. Welcome home Tyler as well! Wierd because it felt like he{s been gone forever and yet not that long too. I guess it{ll be the same kinda thing for me.
This week has been pretty different. We{ve been doing things differently after the meeting they had with President Arnold. It wasn{t that we were misbehaving or goofing around or anything, but there were just some things that people were forgeting to do I guess, and so now we{ve been applying those things into the way we work. I{ve enjoyed it. For instance we{re making a greater effort to ask the members for references and working with them. We haven{t gotten too far with that yet, but its really easy to see how big of a deal that that makes. One of our investigators in church this week came with a member, and its crasy to see how much that helps. Remember to be good member missionaries everybody! Its SUPER important for the work. Another thing we{ve been doing is keeping track of how much time we actually spend talking to people. Its kinda depressing. All the missionaries are just depressed when you talk about the amount of time youve accumulated during the week. But its good because we{re trying hard to work with more efficiency and spend less time walking around. So thats good. I think we{re going to be able to help a lot more people as a mission. Its great to have good leaders that aren{t afraid of making changes, even when they aren{t the most popular things to do. For instance, its way harder than you{d think to invite people to say a kneeling prayer with you in their front yard at the end of the lesson. But I think it helps a lot. Those kinds of things.

Oh. Saw an ad the other day for roquealonsodigital.com Dont know what it is, but I think its just pictures of my area more or less. Might be fun to check out and see what I see every day.

As for the Subject of the email - had a fun experience this week. We went out to buy some food in this little restaurant in our area. We decided to buy some gizo and a sandwich. I don{t know how to discribe guizo really, but its usually a dish made with either noodles or rice. Pretty plain and Paraguayan. Anyways, when we ordered I didn{t hear the part where she told Elder Call that the rice gizo is guizo de Mondongo. So I ordered it because I like rice better. Well if you guys weren{t sure, mundongo means cow stomach. I learned that about the first day I got here when Elders talked about all the worst meals. Well guess who got it. Ugh. Well, I didn{t want to look rude, so guess who ate the whole plate too? haha. Yah, it was pretty gross. Its pretty chewy. Not the best tasting. I made Elder Call try a piece and he almost blew chuncks. But I did it! And now I can ¨brag¨ to everyone that I{ve eaten mundongo. Fun times. haha.

Made a sick map of our area this week. I{ll have to send a pic.

Found a pretty cool new investigator this week named Mercedez. I{ll have to mention more when I got more time.

We accidently invited and had a crazy lady come to church this week. Oops.

Anyways, no more time. Sounds like a sick summer you got planned.  Anyways, thats all I got. Love you lots! Invite your friends to Church! Choose the Right!!

Love,
Elder Humphreys

No comments: