Monday, May 2, 2011

Oh, and btw, is propane bad to breath?

Hey fam and friends! Hows it all going. Things are just fabulous here. Had kindof a crasy week, but it was pretty awesome too. Monday. Became an old guy. Already mentioned that. Tuesday we got up early and had to take a 4 hour bus ride to the nearest set of missionaries to have a meeting with them. Pretty cool. I´m pretty sure that we are the most issolated set of missionaries in the whole mission. Not the furthest from the office or anything, but the furthest from anybody else. Makes you feel kinda legit. The only problem with that is that it costs a lot to travel. Not like tonnes, but it adds up quick when you only have a little bit of money, and you´ve been waiting for weeks for a months worth of money in re-embersals (don´t even know if thats an english word...) to come back from the office. So basically we were living off of what little personal money I had for a whole week. I´ve never felt so poor in my life. It was a fun experience. lol. I almost regretted buying everyone a little birthday present before I left my last area. I´ll have to try and send those in a week or two.

Didn´t eat anything exciting this week... sorry to dissapoint. But Wednesday I did try something new. It failed. Theres a kind of soda flavour here called GuaranĂ¡. Its really good. But it would cost a lot to send it. So I bought the juice powder and thought maybe you could make your own by putting it in Carbonated water. So I decided to try it out first. Well they didn´t happen to have any carbonated water, so I bought tonic water. Gross stuff. Then when I put the powder in, the whole thing nearly exploded. What a mess. Not to mention that I tried to catch it from spilling on the floor with my mouth and it went all up my nose and stuff like that. Not fun. haha.

Thursday, the shower broke. Everything in our house started to breakdown the minute we decided to move. First I showered cold. Then the shower head melted a bit. Then Elder C tried to bend it back and it snapped in like 3 places. Then he broke the bathroom door off its hing too. A disaster. Oh well. We just payed some guy to fix it on Saturday when we moved.

But before that. Saturday. BAPTISM! Super cool. It seems like forever since I last had one. It was a lady named Clotilde and her son Adrian. After tonnes of problems trying to line up a taxi and everything we payed some guy to give us all a ride in the back of his truck. He drove us like a half hour to our ¨font¨. AKA the river. Super cool. Got changed into white in an abandoned house and then took turns wading into the river for the baptism. Really cool. Thankfully I didn´t get eaten by any paranas. Apparently there are some that live in the river....lol

Also this week was the planned temple trip for the ward. That was a disaster too. The people from the ward that we are a part of, 4 hours away, didn´t plan basically anything. After 2 weeks of getting the members all ready they almost didn´t get to go. Then at the last minute they sent some guy in this ghetto van to pick them up. We had to stay up till 1 in the morning to get them all out. Then we got woken up sat morning to find out that an hour out of town the van broke down and they were stuck on the highway for 4or5 hours in the dark trying to get home. Nobody went. :( But fortunately they will all be going again this Saturday supposedly. Hopefully its planned a little better. It was almost the happiest day of the mission until they couldn´t make it...

Saturday was a mess. We spent the entire day moving houses. The old house was a mess. I got stuck cleaning up a pile of half burned garbage. It was disgusting. Fortunately one of the members helped us move. Oh, and btw, is propane bad to breath? There was a little mishap with the stove when we went to move it....lol. But now we´re all good and settled in our new house. Its awesome. I haven´t had a shower that nice for years.

Besides that.... its actually pretty cool now. less than 15 degrees last night for sure. And its different here because the houses aren´t sealed or anything and there aren´t furnaces. I´m loving it right now. Elder Chatelains a little cold. lol. I´m excited to see what winter really gets like. I hear its pretty chilly. Tonght we have to leave for Asuncion at 10:30. Should get there ridiculously early in the morning. But it should be worth it. I get to go to the temple. AGAIN. Awesome. I got lucky. Then we get to go to zone conf, and then I get the interview with the president that I missed. Should be a blast.

By the way. Heard that Bin Laden died. Whats up with that? Sounds like you guys are eating well. Don´t get fat! lol. I´m eating alrightish but I think somehow even with all this walking and such I might be getting chubby. I still have to weigh myself, but we´ll see. Congrats to Tanner. Thats legit. A TOTALLY different mission than this one for sure.

But yup. OUta time! Love you lots. Have a great week! Talk to the fam this Sunday! Should be SICK! lol

Love you,

Elder Humphreys



Me and Elder Chatelain
PS. Happy Birthday Uncle Kevin........And Marissa too I guess!!!!!! lol

No comments: