Monday, July 18, 2011

Last Week with Elder Chatelain

Cute kids havin fun

Cleaning the Church. Again. It doesn´t have real good walls and there´s a thick layer of dust every Saturday.  Thats dust in the air. lol

Have to whipe off all the chairs or you get dust bottoms

The San Pedro gang. Basically all of our most active members

Me, Elder Chatelain and Gabriel.

Hola! Hows it going? We had a great week here. Glad to hear that you´re all having a fantastic summer. As usual, somehow all my time disapeared, but I´m going to try and say what I can here as quick as possible...

Monday was fun. Elder Chatelains last P-day. Played some pool with one of the youth in our ward named Gabriel. It was extra fun because the cue ball wasn´t really round (all bumpy), the cues just had hard plastic tips on them, the table wasn´t flat, and nobody could agree on the rules. haha. But we had fun. Somehow luck was on my side and I won all 3 games I played. How bout that eh? lol.

I forgot to mention last week about how we gave a bunch of blessings in just a few days last week. It was really cool to see this week as we came across those people and they were in good health. There was even one guy who we saw out walking in the streets, and I don´t think he´s been able to walk any farther than around the block for probably the whole time I´ve been here. Really cool to see how willing the Lord is to bless these people, and the power that there is in the priesthood. I think sometimes that I don´t have enough faith in things like that, and it was great to see how the blessings were really manifested. A great faith and testimony builder.

In case I have forgotten to mention it, this was my last full week with Elder Chatelain. He goes home this Thursday morning. Awesomely, he wasn´t too incredibly trunky, and we were able to still get lots of work done. Good guy. This is our last regular day. Tomorrow we have a training meeting in Santani with President, and then Elder Chatelain will be off to Asuncion. I´m excited to see who my next comp will be. Hopefully he´s a good hard worker, but you never know what you´re going to get. I´ve really enjoyed my time with Elder Chatelain. I´ll be happy though to have a comp who´s not so close to the end of his mission, because its hard not to waste time thinking about your own homecoming when thats all that your comp can really think about. lol. But yeah. I have an exciting week ahead of me. We´ll see what happens.

Lots of fútbol (soccer lol) this week. Thats all good if you´re Paraguayan, but annoying if your not. Apparently they´re doing good. Makes it hard to work though. Gave Elder Chatelain a little time to pack. I hope you´re all staying on top of the Copa Americana though and watch Paraguays next game for me. haha.

Random thing from my studies - I´ve always really wondered why we don´t use the JST as our official bible. I don´t know if I´ve mentioned this before. But I´ve been reading the NT lately, and its cool because there is TONNEs of good stuff that you only find in the JST. But something interesting is that because we don´t use that version beside in the footnotes, people know that we´re not just using our own bible, but that we believe in the exact same bible that we do. I think its the Jehovas Witnesses that use an edited bible, and it just takes away from a lot of the credibility with people. So thats something good. I can use the same bible as my investigators, but find aditional inspiration from the JST. Good stuff.

What else. Wow. We bought WHITE eggs the other day. its been really wierd. All eggs here are straight from the chicken, and so they´re usually brown. Different.

Wow. I´m totally all out of time. Sending pics uses up time than I thought. You´ll have to let me know if you like longer letters, or pictures more....

But yeah. Basically it was a normal week. But we spent a lot of time saying goodbye to people. Taking pictures. Doning a little packing and cleaning... Thats about it. Nothing too crasy.

But we´re having a good time, doing our jobs and loving it. We´ll see what happens this week. Really quick:Happy B-day Peter! Congrats. Super crasy that your so old! haha. Is that Bradeon Lyons thats going to Florida? Cool beans. Did you guys get any pics at HP? Sounded pretty creative! Have fun with the New TV. Try not to break this one k? lol. Have fun at Magrath days! Good times. Thanks for the recipie. I´ll let you know how it goes.

Anyways, gotta run. Love you tonnes! Have a great week!!

Love,
Elder Humphreys

No comments: