Monday, July 25, 2011

Week 1 with Elder..... McCain

Hola! Hows everybody back home? Glad to hear that you all had a great week and that everyone is fine and dandy. We had a good week here too. Glad that you didn´t come across any dead bodies, that you had a blast in the parades and the like. In response to your letter dad: You can watch YouTube on our TV? How legit is that?. I liked the comments on the talent show. haha. Small town talent is always the best. I asked my new comp (more on him later) about the country singers and sadly he didn´t know them. But I liked the coment where you said it was pretty good considering it was country. haha. He liked that too, but more because it sounded like something I would say, rather than something he agreed with. lol. Super fun that you all get to go father daughter camping. Have a blast! Camping... its like living in Paraguay, but on purpose. Hopefully its not too chilly or nothing. (its wierd because its winter here. Can´t get my head around differnt seasons).

Anyways. As for this week. It went really well. Monday we spent the day saying goodbye to people. Good stuff. Made for an unusual kinda day. If only we could get that many people crying on a regular basis, I think the church would grow a lot faster. All the members where really sad to see Elder Chatelain go. He was a good guy. Hopefully somebody actually cries when I leave too. We´ll see.

Tuesday. We had to leave early for our big meeting thing. Elder Chatelain conviniently told me AS we were leaving the house that even though we had to catch the bus right away, that maybe I should bring my suit. Well it was too late. And guess what. It turned out that he should have warned me sooner because I was the ONLY guy there without a suit. How embarassing. Elder Chatelain got lucky because he had all of his luggage with him and so therefore had his jacket too. He was nice enough to lend me a sweater so I didn´t stick out so bad. Fortunately President wasn´t ticked or anything, but ugh. Before the mission I never wanted to be over dressed for anything. Now its now fun to be overdressed. Wierd. But yeah. Had our quarterly inverviews with president. Crasy that we´ve already passed another quarter. Had a great meeting. All stoked to be a better teacher now and everything. I really like those meetings because you always come out pumped. President says Hi to Dad and the family btw. lol.

Wednesday we travelled into town with President. Kinda wierd to just have one on one time with him and his wife in the car. Believe it or not, they are actually just real people, with super spiritual skills. Kinda cool. Headed in to the office to meet my new comp. Elder McCain. From Alpine Utah. Good guy. Knows how to cook really good, likes country music.... I don´t know what else to say about him. I´ll send you a picture. Hes a good guy though. Our personalities don´t always mesh exactly (not sure if we´re really different or just too much alike lol), but its going to be a good experience for me to be more patient and thoughtful and the like. He´s a brand new senior comp and so he´s got a lot of responsibility just put on him. It´ll be a good change, I´m excited. We missed the bus because Elder Chatelain left with our phone but fortunately we were able to catch another one and get home safe. Fun stuff. Saw Elder Patterson too for a short while, but we didn´t get to talk too much unfortunately.

We had a good week of work after that though. I kinda feel like a senior comp because I had to show him around and I know everyone well. It been good. Had some good success too. We were able to talk about sabath day with an old investigator, and this week she FINALLY came to church. Fun. And we´ve already started working a lot more with the members and so we´re seeing success with that. But yeah. Trying new things and so far its worked out well.

Anyways, outa time again (its just going by quicker every week). But yeah. Sunday was crasy. I gave the lesson, directed and gave a talk. And then there were some issues with some people, and it all came back to me. Lots of responsibility all of a sunden here. But its good. I´m liking it a lot. I don´t worry about my spanish skills any more like I did before, and now that I can communicate with out much holding me back, I feel like I´m able to connect a lot more with the people and my personality can come out. I´m going to hit a year mark here soon, but I think the second half is going to be even better than the first. I´m excited. But yeah. Things are going great. I´m doing good. ´We´re having a blast and hopefully we´ll start seeing even more success in the comming weeks. Glad you´re all having fun with vacations and the like. Stay safe, have fun, choose the right and be good missionaries. Love you lots!

Elder Humphreys

No comments: