Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Office - Week 7

Hello. Hows everybody? Hope you're all ready for a super exciting letter..... because it was a really crasy but not that exciting week.
I'm writing a little earlier today because I was actually able to drag myself away from the mormon.org vids easier this week and so I'm not putting off writing as much as I did last week. Don't know if anyone noticed though, but the singer from the KILLERS just made his video. Sick. Cool to see all these members with interesting stories reaching out to help people know that we're real, "normal" people too. lol.
But yeah. The most notable part of the week stems off from something that I mentioned in my last letter. That being the fever that I had when I wrote. Well.... I didn't exactly get better right away, and I was pretty sick for a good chunk of the week. So that wasn't that fun. Fortunately things weren't tooo crasy here in the office, and so there was enough time that I could take a couple naps, doctor trips and such without missing out on too much. lol. And thankfully now I'm back up to feeling about 95%. So thats nice. It was weird because up until this point, I hadn't really ever gotten too sick before. So that was annoying. Basically, the fever didn't go away. Then, when it got up to being about 102 degrees Fahrenheit I thought I should probably ask somebody what to do. The doctor lady got me to not eat and so that gave my body a chance to cook whatever bug it was that was in my stomach out, and by the next day the fever was gone. But I still had some mad stomach cramps. So that meant that I got to go to the doctor... do some....tests... and such. Fortunately it wasn't a parasite or anything. So I started taking some antibiotics and now I feel great. I ended up getting a lot skinnier because I didn't really eat anything all week either too. lol.  But yeah. That kinda sucked a lot of the fun and time away. During the day I kinda just got done what needed to be done in the office (and not much more), and then rather than just sitting around all afternoon, we went out and worked, but I just kinda followed my companion around like a zombie. haha. I don't remember too much that went on because I was just putting all of my energy into pretending to smile and doing what I could to keep working until I could finally get home and crash at night. I was fun. lol.
But yeah. Honestly, that was kinda how my whole week went. It was just about being sick, and enduring through it. Fun stuff. I don't really know what else to tell you.....
Oh. I guess I could tell you about my new comp. It turns out that the Lord had different plans for us than we had originally imagined. In the end, I didn't get the companion that Elder Gustafson was warning us that we wouldn't like all that much. The Lord had mercy on us and sent us someone who has a personality much more similar to the rest of the ones that are already here in the office. So thats a relief. Obviously, its still going to be interesting to see what it'll be like to be with a guy for 6 months of my mission, but I don't see it being all that bad. The new guys name is Elder Thomson. He's from Utah (believe it or not. lol). He's pretty legit. He's got about 3 months less of mission time than I do, but he knows how to speak well, and knows whats up. That kinda leaves me as Senior comp though once Elder Gustafson leaves though, which will be interesting. We'll be in a trio for the next 2 or 3 weeks, but thats just something that you get used to working in the office, and so its not a big deal. Elder Thomson is good. Hard worker, easy to get along with etc. The funny thing is that he works on the other side of the office, and so in the last like 3 days that he's been here, I still haven't talked to him all that much, but you know. We'll be together for a while so its not a big deal. Anyways. Should be good. I got no complaints at all. So its all just full steam ahead here. Try and get the work moving along and start finding some future converts!
We had special changes this week. Thats always fun. Ran out of money, but didn't have to leave anyone penniless, thank goodness. It was fun though, because as always, we got to see everyone again. Got to say hi to Elder Patterson and everything. Rushed as always, but what can you do. Thats the sad thing about being in the office. You have to be working no matter who shows up. Oh well.
Also got to go on my first long distance drive solo. That was crasy. Had to take some future missionary to get some x-ray. Everyone was busy and so just the two of us went. That was crasy. Surprisingly I feel really comfortable driving our van, and the crasiness of the drivers here doesn't seem to bother me all that much. The annoying thing though that I learned to hate is the one was streets and everything. Everything here is terribly labelled, and there are one way streets everywhere. Situations where you can turn where you need to. Not to mention that I just still don't really know my way all around Asuncion, and I wasn't sure what roads I needed to take or be on. All in all it was an adventure. But, I still haven't crashed, so I'm doing a LOT better than about half the missionaries that get to the office. hahaha. So thats good. I'm sure I'll get it figured out soon. So thats good.
Anyways. I can't believe it, but I'm straight out of ideas. There really wasn't all that much out of the usual that happened. Maybe it was just because I was sick and I just felt like I was in a haze all week. Maybe send me a question or something that you got latter on in the day and I'll try and think of something cool that I could tell you about Paraguay. Or maybe I'll think of something cool that I forgot. Anyways. But thats if for now. Sorry. Hope you had a great week. Love you all. The mission is going great and I love every minute of it. Hope you're all getting ready for Halloween and everything. lol. Let me know how everything goes. Love you lots!
Chau!
Elder Humphreys

No comments: