Monday, September 27, 2010

CHOIR BOY

Alrighty! Another stressful 30 minutes of awesome. lol.

K. So I'm defs in the choir. We have a practice every single day for an hour. We'll be singing in Priesthood session, so sorry to all you women types that really wanted to see me sing, but you might have to wait to see it online or something. haha. We're soundin pretty legit right now, its just getting everything memorized and getting it all to be smooth and excellent sounding. In other news this week (sorry, this was probably the most un-eventful week yet), the gym is open. Its really nice. We haven't gone in during our gym time, but the field is almost barren now and so it makes playing soccer way more fun. I should be pro in no time. lol. Speaking of gym tho, I caught a ball in the jaw the other day (it was kicked from about a foot away and so I didn't have a chance to dodge it), and it kinda messed up my mouth. Couldn't close it all the way for a couple of days. That was fun. It fixed my overbite but with the whole short teeth in the back thing it was kinda lame. I'm all good now tho. lol

This week we started teaching in Spanish, which is really good. It can be really stressful and the lessons aren't nearly as smooth anymore, but it makes me use my spanish which is exactly what i need. I was assesed at the beggining of the week by my teacher and we decided that I needed to practice more, so this is good for me. lol My spanish skills are already 10 times better than last week, and is coming along quite nicely.

Big news: I finished the Old Testament the other day, and have thus finished the Standard Works. That was quite the accomplishment since I've been working on it for quite a while now. Felt great to have done something like that, and I think its really helped me with my understanding of the gospel. It was great, but I'll admit its not for everyone... finishing the Old Testament was killer. hahaha.

Oh, and I guess I should let you all know that I've kinda got this addiction since I've been here. Its nothing to be proud of, but I just can't seem to break the habit.... right now I'm averaging about 10 glasses a day of "Orange Guava Passionfruit" juice. Its that good. hahaha. I'm thinking somebody should send me the nutritional info for it so I can see what kinda calories I'm puttin on because of it. lol. But seriously, someone should. Minute Maid. Good stuff. Its got my recommendation for sure. Fortunately I think I'm averaging only about a pound a week that I've put on, and so no worries there. lol

This saturday I passed the 1 month mark. Kinda crasy to think about... My missions already 1/24th over. It kinda made us all a little antsy to get going and start helpin real people, but the least it did was make us so we don't feel like MTC n00bs anymore. haha

Thats about it as far as the week went. People feel this great need to bring up Canada at any possible moment (which I'm fine with), so I do have a few requests tho... If possible, Ketchup chips have been sought after by people in my district. They loved the fuzzy peaches. Also, if you're shippin stuff in, we always love Easy-cheese. haha. Apparently everyone here calls it Cheese Whiz tho, so a small jar of real deal cheeze whiz would be nice to show them all how it really is, and maybe even share the beauty of the cheeze-whiz and jam sandwich (no one thinks it sounds good, but I got people willing to give it a try). Anyways, these are in no way demands, but if you were thinking of how much you wanted to send me something, but didn't know what to send, these are defs on the list.....lol

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA!!!! Hope its swell. Oh, and have fun in Europe for me. I had no idea you guys were going. Sounds sweet.

(oh, and just so you all know, I'll try to remember birthdays, but thats not really the kinda thing that really sticks in my memory, so forgive me if I forget you....)

Clarification on last weeks letter. When I said that we were discussing how much repenting we're doing as missionaries, it kinda goes back to that idea of how repentance is changing from being the person you were, to be something better. In that regard, us missionaries are doing TONNES of repenting as we change from being the sorry selfs we used to be (i'm saying that as a general kinda idea...lol), and becoming better. For example, we now get up early/go to bed early, we study hard every day, try to be more disciplined selfs, we plan our lives ahead of time, we try to avoid using slang and other slacker language, we clean our rooms, write in our journals etc. etc. It was just a cool idea to think about. How we're making a lot of change ourselves, and how the gospel and the atonement are there to guide us and help us on our way.

I sent a small envelope of photo's a couple days before last weeks email.  Apparently mail travels slow (or i really didn't know what i was doing. lol), and so hopefully they show up. You'll have to let me know. Speaking of mail, I appologize for just sending these emails so far. At first it was just cuz I was busy, but now I just don't know if people actually care that I send them letters back or if you'd appreciate presonalized ones. Cuz if they'd be appreciated, by all means just let me know, cuz I'm happy to do it. I just don't want to be one of those people that sends out 15 letters a week and yet still no one cares. haha

Thanks for the heads up. I'll remember to walk around on the flight, and now i remember how to collect call so thats perfect. Hope bro. Stonehockers doing better. 

Thanks for the mail. We went and picked it up a little early today and so I got all the letters I usually get after i send this so that was nice. Thanks for the picture Emma! Maybe I'll draw something and send it back ;). But I'm out of time so I'll probably reply later. Maybe send a couple hand ones.  Mom, go ahead and sign me up for that thing if you think its a good idea. It'll probably just mean mail till I die but if it helps then its worth it i guess. 

AH! Speaking of Canada, could you do me a big favour? Send me a list of everything good about canada, inventions people etc. I need some firepower. The more the better. anyways, basically out of time.

The Church is True, love you all. Keep it real, and I love your mail, so keep in touch! lol

Elder Humphreys

No comments: