Monday, September 6, 2010

WEEK 2

Alrighty. Lets see what we can get done. Ive written it all out, so its just about transposing my notes into a descent email...




K. To start, sorry for now handwritten letters to anyone yet. Theres really limited time here and theres really not much to say. But I'll make sure I send some stuff out in a week or two. Also, sorry if there's stuff in here that I already talked about in last weeks email... it feels like forever ago that i wrote that one and so I can't remember what I wrote at all...



Dear elder letters are working faboulously. Keep it up! Thanks to everyone thats sent me stuff. Its the perfect way for us to get letters at least when we're at the MTC and it really makes you happy when you get mail. It comes almost the day that you send it, so its perfect. I've started highlighting everyones questions and so lots of my emails will just be kinda responding to those since the weeks are all pretty similar here. Sorry I can't email yall personally, but don't take it as me being unappreciative!



Alright. So we'll start the answereing.



I have a couple of classes every day. They vary in length and time, but I usually have some time scheduled with each of my two teachers. The new teachers that I got this week are Hno. Coles and Hno. Cooper. They are like complete opposites. Hno. Cooper is kinda shy and timid, but he's really smart and is really good at listening to the spirit and then acting on it. Great guy. Hno. Coles on the other hand is similar to Willy Wonka. lol. He's super energetic and crasy. His teaching style is very bold and he has no problem walking into an open house, or telling someone he's never met that God wants them to be baptized. I don't know if any of us will ever get that bold, but its really great to see that we don't have to be super timid or afraid to offend someone by asking them to be baptized. He's suuuuuper well versed in scripture too. My district thinks he'll be a general authority in no time. haha. I think he's a great teacher.



We exercise every day EXCEPT p-day and sunday. We usually play soccer for about 30-40 minutes. Its really fun. The gym is closed so we dont get to play basketball, and we dont really like volleyball so much, so its soccer every day. lol



Elder Tenney (my companion) is from Snowflake Arizona. He has a different personality then i'm used to and sometimes we dont see things the same way, but as in every good companionship, we work on seeing things similarly.



Thanks Grandpa for the good email! I really liked the part about after your first dinner. haha



Dad - thanks for the hard drive. Go ahead and back everyone up. I can just erase when I get back. Also, I weighed myself yesterday... only put on a couple pounds. I'm eating lots more than before, but I also get more expersize. Thank goodness. haha



Grandma - Thanks for the attempt at spanish. It came covered in question marks tho so I couldn't read it. lol. I can't really speak Spanish yet, but its coming. I can bear my testimony, say prayers and conjugate a couple verbs. But I'm sure I'll get it soon. Sorry bout your leg. Sounds rough. The food is descent. Its still cafeteria food, but its managable. Reminds me of Chuck'O'Rama. haha. I've seen mostly everyone I know here (Adam, Theo, Mike Nilsson). Still lookin out for Nathan White tho.



Missionaries like to hear about anything and everything. Like I said, mail just makes us happy. Sounds like a sweet locker set up. Thats where I used to have my locker in grade 10 and maybe even 11 I think.



Nice work with the roots! haha. Shoulda had me around. I know that the number one rule is never use a chain to pull stuff. Thats about all I know, but I guess its important. lol. Thanks goodness no one was hurt.



4 people from my district are of to the Dominican republic this week i think. The remaining 8 of us are off to Paraguay at the same time. SUre, send the good stuff of my friends letters who are gone. that'd be great.



We get big name visitors only on Tuesday nights. This week was Elder Richard (?) Hinkley. He was really awesome.



Funny that word got out about stabbin theo's comp. Apparently I didnt look for pins that morning. haha



Just finished laundry. Its free, you just pay for the soap. Its just like a giant laundromat kinda set up. Its terrible. lol. Haven't played any piano, but we're going to try and go to choir this tuesday.



I'll try to send some pics this week. Not sure how, but i think it'll work snail mail just fine. Sorry, but I only got a couple so far.



P-days I do things like write letters, clean my room, wear regular clothes etc.



AH! NO time!!!



Question for dad: My comp says if you drink the max amount of pepto for like a couple weeks you'll be parasite free for your whole mish. I said I'd have to check with the pharmasist to see if thats safe. lol



Say thanks to the mysyks! The cookies were great. Shared them with my district - they all loved me. haha



Anyways, nothin much to share about this week. Got all sick with a sore throat, then fever and headaches and now just a sore throat and really plugged ears and stuff. Its lame but I think I'll live. Thank goodness for Tylenol Cold. Scored a goal in soccer last tuesday. It was a big deal. lol. Elder sears destroyed his face on a race back from gym as he tried to jump over a rope, tripped, and skidded across the pavement. Fortunately the nurse put like 15 bandaids on his face and now he's good as new. The other elders like to call him Scarface, Two-Face, Crash and Burn etc. etc. lol.



Sundays are the best. You read scrips, chill and study. A fabulous time. Probably better than P-day.



Anyways, really out of time. Sorry I didn't share as much as I planned. Maybe I'll send a hand written one next week. Hope I answered all your questions. Keep 'em coming.



The church is true. Read your scrips. Do whats right.



Yours Truly,



Elder Humphreys

No comments: