Monday, September 13, 2010

ISOLATION

K, so apparently Elder Gibb went and left on me. You said last week that he'd be leaving and I was pretty sure that you meant this monday he would leave. But then when I didn't see him all week I realized that probably wasn't the case. So I didn't give him a proper goodbye... some friend eh? lol. Elder Patterson left this morning tho at the lovely hour of 4 in the morning if I'm not mistaken. Fortunately I ran into him last night and got the proper goodbye in for that one. Plus, I'll see him in 6 weeks anyways so no big deal right? haha. I think I've seen everyone I know here now. Ran into Elders White and Dyer this week (edmonton friends) as well as both of the Elder Payne's. I haven't got pictures with them all yet, but I got some pictures being printed right now so I'll try and mail them over asap.




The week was swell. We're starting to use time more efficiently and get deeper into our studies. We went to choir on tuesday even tho I was super sick and managed to fill out the forms so that we can sing in general conference. Wish me luck! There were like a billion elders there, and the sign up form was all about musical experience so we'll see how generous they're feeling when they read mine... hopefully lots of stake choirs, quartets and singing in church is what they like. Its a long shot, but couldn't risk not signing up. I'm pretty sure they'll just read it and think I'm one of those people that goes to American Idol cuz everyone has always told them they can really sing even tho their terrible. But meh. lol



I'll just talk about the quick things here before I get to the exciting part of my week... went for a haircut today. The lady asked how I liked it, but I don't know how closely she followed my model for her... she didn't even ask me what I thought when it was done. I probably look like an idiot (i haven't really looked to close at it yet...), but whatever. Thats what you gotta expect when you go for the MTC trim. lol. We also got to go to the temple today. It was really nice. We did a session and then did a little initiatory afterwards. It was cool especially cuz I haven't gone back to do initiatory before.



Oh ya. As for what ya'll sent this week - sorry. Still haven't seen kevins thing. Dad, I liked all of your root analogies. I thought about them quite a bit. Thanks for forwarding the letters. They were nice when i was locked up (forshadowing??). The packages were great! Thank you kindly. They're keeping us nice and full even when we have dinner at 4:30 and nothing to eat again till 7 the next morning. And sorry if you sent something since Friday, and I didnt respond to it. The way mail works around here, if you didn't send it before friday, we dont get it till after dinner today (unless its snail mail in which case we get it this morning), which kinda throws a twist on having mail convos. Oh, and tell Cache and Cheyenne thanks for the letters! I'll try and send them something back later, but I just got those this morning. They were very nice.



Anyways. Time for the exciting part. So I think I mentioned last week that I was feelin pretty sick... well I didn't really get better like I was hoping. Monday was still pretty rough, and Tuesday wasn't much better. I was stayin mostly with it through the help of the Tylenol Colds, but they just weren't doin the trick. Anyways, Tuesday night they said that you should make sure you go to the doctor immediately if you feel sick. I was reluctant because everytime you go to the doc they just tell you theres nothin they can do blah blah, rest it off etc. Elder Tenney kept tellin me to go but I just brushed him off. lol. Anyways, Wednesday I was feelin alright I guess, but that night I slept terrible. Coughin and stuffy and breathin with my mouth open dryin out my lips etc. etc. So Thursday we decided to go to the doc. The first lady said I didn't have a fever, but when I came back to see a real doctor and I hadn't taken my Tylenol Cold (in hopes that he'd see how sick I really was and hook me up with some GOOD medicine), he decided I had what looked like the flu. Apparently they take the flu pretty seriously here. lol. He had me tested (the jam this really long stick up your nose and tickle your brain - I highly recommend it. haha), and even tho I came out negative on the flu, he gave me the "looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, its probably a duck" speech. Thats were it got good. They called security - The BYU-POLICE of all things - and from the clinic thing, while wearing one of those stupid masks that made me look like I had some terrible disease or something, they took me to my class, took me to my room to get some clothes and toilettries and then took me to Isolation. It was ridiculous. I guess they've started to quarentine the elders with the flu so it doesn't spread. They locked me in a hallway with a bunch of other sickies, and stuck me in a room by myself. Not alowed to leave or have visitors. Dinner brought to you 3 times a day (cold mind you), and the doc comes once a day to see how you're doing. Basically its prison, without the 30 min to walk out in the yard with the rest of the captives. haha. It sounds terrible but I actually didn't mind it. Slept in till 9:30 ever day (doesn't sound like much, but thats 3 hours more than usual, putting the total up to 11 hours of sleep), study what you want, nap when you need and lounge in your P-day clothes all day. It was nice. Anyways, I'd love to tell you more, but I'm almost out of time. They put my whole district on TAMIFLU (a whopping 100 bucks a person), and let me out after 2 full days of captivity. It was quite the experience. It kinda boosted my popularity cuz everyone wants to know how it went. I just brag about how chill it was and they eventually sucumb to asking me to cough on them or something. hahaha. Anyways, it was cool too cuz my district was really nice about it, prayed for me etc. And it wasn't as bad as it was cracked up to be.



Anyways, that was my week. Hope everything went well for all you's out there. Things are great here. Missions are a blast, and I'm excited to share the gospel. The church is true, love you lots and keep those Dear Elder's coming! haha. Write ya'll again in a week!!



Elder "Carrier-of-the-so-named-MOOSE-FLU" Humphreys

No comments: