Friday, January 7, 2011

Funeral Broadcast

Hey there. Just watched the feed. Worked great. There were a couple of little technical difficulties at the start and so we missed the opening song and half of the opening prayer. But besides that I think we caught everything else. So you can tell thanks to whoever was running it for me if I forget to mention it later. But yeah. Hna. Madariaga just told me that I could email my family if I would like and I thought why not take the chance while I´m right at a computer. She said that its perfectly good to just call me tonight and we can talk for sure. Just give me a call whenever (shortly after 10 our time works great). Hopefully the reception is better this time. I really enjoyed the funeral. It was for sure sad, but like everyone said, they were tears of good memories, and tears that there will be a short time before we see again. But I loved how it was a tribute to a wonderful life well lived. I thought the talks were great, and I appreciated how much everyone did and what they shared.  I loved seeing that others appreciated as I did. I also loved hearing stories I had never heard and things I have never thought of. I loved seeing you all, and wished I could have been there with you, but of course, the Lord would have me here and I think that's important to realize. But I love you all very much. Thank you for the opportunity to "be there with you" and I´m excited to one day be back together again. But until then, there´s obviously much work to be done, and so off I´ll be, trying to make the best of the time I have. Keep your heads up! I think that at least for me, this has been a great opportunity to mourn and feel of our loss even though I´m so far away, and now we can move on and continue to remember the good and important things, but not dwell on what we are missing. Hope everything goes well with the lunch and the burial. You can tell everyone that I say hi, thanks for what you do, and be a good missionary! lol. But really. Thanks everyone for all you do. I know she´d appreciate it, and I sure have. Have a lovely day. Talk to you tonight. Love you lots! God be with you till we meet again!

Elder Humphreys

No comments: