Monday, January 10, 2011

Una buena semana.

Hola everybody.

I had a pretty good week considering everything. The funeral was actually kind of the highlight of the week. It made me feel a lot closer to you all back at home, and although it made the whole situation more real to me, we all thought the funeral was so well done as to make us feel good despite our loss. I really loved how it was a tribute to a good righteous life, well lived, as opposed to a 2 hour cry-fest.  Not going to lie, I definitely got really choked up for a lot of parts. But I also just learned a lot, remembered a lot of good memories, and loved to see how she blessed the lives of so many other people. Elder Call and the President and his wife all watched with me. They all said it was one of the best funerals they´ve seen. It was nice to share it with them. Elder Call said he learned a lot about me. Dang it. lol. He also said that he thought that Kevin did a great job of starting out on a sad and yet happy note. I agreed for sure. I also got that picture email. Its great. Looks just like her. Make sure you give a great big thanks for me. That's super cool.  All in all its made me feel lots better. I´ve been a tad distracted for the past couple of days thinking about home and stuff, and Friday kinda went entirely to waste. But whatever. I think it was the right choice. And this week I´ll be good to go. So yah. Great work everybody. Thank you so much. Especially all those who got it hooked up and working. It went perfect.

Wow. I´ve been getting distracted. Need to type faster. lol

Huh. What to say though.... Diego looks all set for baptism this week. Exciting stuff. I was kinda worried because he could have gotten baptized this week but he wanted to wait until later this week. I was afraid that it might lead to more excuses and temptation. But he came to church this week. He even bought some shoes so he could look classy for his baptism and confirmation. Super cool. Looks like there shouldn´t be any foreseeable problems or anything.  Another cool thing I noticed this week is that he´s 17 years old, turning 18 in a month or two. He hasn´t said anything really about it yet, but I realized that a mission is totally possible in his future. How cool would that be? It would be like baptizing way more than just one person. Think of how many people that could help in the long run.

What else. This week I went on a division with the Zone Leader. His name is Elder Decker and he´s from Orem Utah.  It actually went really well. I was kind of worried because I´ve never had to introduce my area to anyone before, and I´ve also as a result of that never had to plan a day all by myself. So it was kinda stressful at first. But we actually had a really good day. My planning was a little bit unorthodox and we did a little walking in the wrong directions, but all in all I think it went pretty well. Funny story: There´s this giant water tower across from our house that isn´t in use anymore. The people that live under it are members though, and so I took Elder Decker for a climb up it to see all of our area just for fun really quick. Anyways, apparently we don´t take to many stairs in our usual walking day or something. Because after having climbed up and down 4 stories worth of stairs, we both got down, and at the exact same time had these gigantic leg cramps that forced us to leave the house limping. It was embarassing but funny. It hurt so bad. lol. But besides that, it was another good division. Learned lots from Elder Decker. Its also nice to do divisions because he was able to be more forward with people without having to worry about offending them. If they were unhappy, they´d never see him again. But hopefully they´d just realize that what we told them is important and start making better decisions. So that was cool.

Did some interesting contacts this week. Found one lady whose nephew murdered his wife and now that he´s in jail she has to take care of his 6 children that they left behind. Not to mention that her husband is really sick. And so she said she´s probably going to have to put the kids up for adoption. That was kinda depressing news. Made me thankful to have a good family. And also it just made me think about how although its really sad to be missing mom, I´m just so glad that it was just the work of God. No bad memories. It wasn´t anybodies fault. We´re all good. Anyways, we´ll see what we can do to help her out.

Oh. One thing I have to remember to do for sure is say thanks to everyone for all the great letters. They´ve been really nice to have everyones support, and to know of their love. I´m sure there will be lots more coming in the future, but just a preliminary thanks to everyone for your love. Its a help to me, and its also great just to know how many people care and that there are so many people out there who are praying and watching out for us. So thanks!

As for today... its going to be really tranquilo. Nothing too ridiculous planned. We´ll probably go and get some way overpriced McDonalds or something at the mall. lol. Oh, and I´m planning on getting my haircut today as well, so wish me luck with that. You don´t really know what you´re getting yourself into here until its too late. haha.

But yah. Just trying to think if there´s anything else... huh. Nothing comes to mind. Hopefully I have a good week ahead of me. I looks like things should start getting back to normal here. Shouldn´t need as many trips to the office, the holidays are all over... should be good. Get lots of work done.

Anyways. Times up. Love you lots. Thanks for all the support. Things are doing good here. I´m thinking and praying for you all, but staying focused on the work and hopefully we´ll be met with more success in the coming weeks. Hope everything goes good with school, sports, paperwork, regular work. Whatever. Love you lots. It was really fun to see you all at the funeral and show Elder Call all my family and friends and tell him how awesome you all are. Can´t wait to see you all again in real life. But until then, I´m going to do my best, and have fun doing it. Its great to be a servent of the lord and see people find happiness as they come closer to Him.

Love you lots!!!

Elder Humphreys

No comments: