Monday, April 4, 2011

Special Changes!!!

Howdy. Glad to hear that you all had what sounded like fabulous weeks. Mine was a little crasy...
The week started pretty normal. Got a package from the Lloyds. That was super nice and awesome. Elder Call loved it almost as much as I did. haha. Took a nap on Monday during p-day time. Turns out that I don{t really like naps anymore. Wierd eh? When you don{t get to sleep for at least 3 hours its just not worth it. lol.
Random question if anybody happens to know: I was looking for a scripture that I thought I remembered learning about in Seminary but I can{t seem to find it anywhere. It talks about how we are a ¨strange and unusual people¨. That people look at the things we do and may think that we{re a little wierd. But we should be happy with that because its right. We are a little unusual. But in a good way. Something like that. I think the problem might just be that the words aren{t strange or unusual. Just something like that. Oh well.
What else. Oh. I was super excited for this week to come. We got to go to the temple and also got to listen to GenCon. Sweet! We had a little bit of a let down when we found out that this time when we went to the temple, we{d only be allowed to do a normal session, and not baptisms, confermations, sealings etc. But oh well. The only thing you could do was accept the fact that that was the rule. But we were just happy to get to go in the first place and the session is the most important part, so it wasn{t too big of a deal. No missionaries rioting or anything like that.
Before the temple though was Thursday. We were just minding our business, trying to prepare people to go to church to see the conference and whatnot. Talked to this one bible fanatic guy. It was another one of those kinda sad situations because he knew lots and was almost entirely 100% right in what he said. But he refused to let us read from the Book of Mormon or read it himself. Didn{t want to talk about it. He just wanted to do all the talking. We got stuck talking for waaaay too long. Dang it. I almost lost my patience because he wouldn{t let us leave. And then to top it all off, we gave him an invitation to conference. On it, along with other pics, it had a picture of the Christ on it. He started going off about how that wasn{t really Jesus Christ, and that we were worshipping images. We explained that it was just a picture but he told us it was like saying ¨its just one smoke. I won{t get addicted¨. And so he ripped that part of the invitation off and gave it back. lol. He was just a little crasy. But oh well. It was more sad than anything. He wants to follow Christ really bad, but he just couldn{t reccognize how to do it when it was right in front of him.
But ANYWAYS. That afternoon we{re just minding our own business. Got a phone call. What!? Yup. Special Changes. Changes aren{t supposed to be for a week and a half, but apparently President has something planned. Fortunately its me who gets to stay. So Elder Call and me ran around like crazies to say goodbye to everyone he wanted to remember. I was terribly scared of to get a new comp after so long. But word on the street was that the new guy was a good guy. And someone from Chile. Ahhhh! lol
Went to the temple. Guess who I saw? Elder Patterson!! First time since I{ve been here. Super cool. Sounds like he{s doing great. Hes had what appears as some bad ¨luck¨ with his comps (of course its not luck, but you know what I mean), but he{s doing great and is in great spirits. We got to talk for a while after the session and it was really nice. Just got to talk about home, other people we know, how the works doing etc. Fun stuff. The temple was great. LOVE IT there. Its too bad we can{t go more often with it so close, but I guess we{re here to do work for the living and not for the dead. Shucks.
Looks like the dollar is dropping eh? Thats no good. They put the money on our cards before the dollar dropped too far, so it looks like we{ll have to live off a little less this month. Hope I can make it. lol
I got double ¨had¨ for April Fools day. But I don{t want to talk about it....lol
Anyways. After that I got my new comp Sat morning. His name is Elder Villalón. He{s from Chile. Hes actually super legit. Its actually sad because it looks like I might be leaving in a week and a half here, and he{ll be zone leader, but I hope we get to stay together. Im really enjoying being together already. Being latin, hes able to communicate with the people a lot better and I think that really helps. The problem with latins is that they{re more often slackers, but not in his case. He works harder than any other missionary I know, so thats awesome. Theres so much Im going to learn in just this week. Im excited. And its nice cuz even though  we speak Spanish all day I know it well enough now that we can communicate, and he{s helping me get better where I{m lacking. I think I{ve spoken more in this last weekend that in all of the last week. Its awesome. He{s also really good at sharing the teaching, being obedient and going the extra mile. Theres a lot of things he does that my other comps and I never did and so its cool because it shows me all the ways in which I can improve. I just wish we could have been comps sooner. lol. So yah, I{m pretty happy about that. Theres already been a lot of progression in the people we{re working with. He{s already dropped me and Elder Calls number one investigator though...lol. Oh well. I think it was the right choice for her right now too, it was just hard to do. Oh, thats the other thing. He{s not worried at all about just talking to anybody anywhere. In the street, busses whatever. My other comps were a little scared of that. I{m excited to improve and follow his good example.
Anyways, I was going to mention all the AWESOME things I learned at conf but no time! Shucks. One thing I liked though was how true Pres Hollands talk was. I saw in each and every talk how it could either apply to me, my investigators and/or my family and their situation. The Church is true! I love hearing the words of the prophets. Sorry gotta run. Re-listen to the talks if you haven{t. They}re the best. Love You all!
Love,
Elder Humphreys

No comments: