Monday, May 7, 2012

Saltos - Week 8

Hola everybody! Glad to hear that things are going great back at home. Glad to hear that all is well. Weird to think how long I´ve not been there. Feels like I don´t really know what it must be like back at home anymore. Everything has changed so much. Oh well. As for my companion - his mom and dad live in Utah, but his house is in Arizona and he spent some of his childhood growing up there. So he´s kind of from both. As for my week. It went just swell. Unfortunately I have very little time today, but realistically, there isnt too much to say about the week, and we´ll be talking in no time and so we can just talk then. lol. Monday was fun. We had another hot dog roast and nap off. Went swell. Tuesday was a big holiday in the country. We got to go to the church and eat free BBQ. That was nice. As for the day, it acutally went pretty good considering that people were either trying to make tons of money by working while all the Brazilians came to town, or they were completely drunk. Wednesday was kind of weird because nobody at all was working in the town center. Wednesday went not too bad. Lots of drunks, but what can you do right? Got to help give a blessing to a younger member girl that had got into a small accident on her motorbike. Pretty typical in a country with so many bikes, uneven roads, and no rules on the streets. Thursday had a fairly scary moment - while taking the shortcut to lunch through some field, I managed to step on a board with a nail sticking up out of it. That didn´t scare me at all.... lol. Fortunately it was more to the front of my shoes and so it just ended up poking one of my toes. Close one. The heels on both pairs of shoes are basically gone by now, and so fortunately I didn´t step on it further back or it could have gone worse. Bendiciones! We had an unfortunate situation where we were the only ones with keys and so we had to spend our evening going to the church to have a really boring ward activity. Really bad turn out. Ugh. That night we left to go to zone conference in Asuncion. Fortunately I wasn´t sick this time. Showed up bright and early in Asuncion (5ish). Had my interview at 7. Thats always nice. President is great. The conference was swell. Depending on how the calandar goes that might be my last one. Weird. Then we got to go to the temple. That was great as always. I love the temple. We also got to go shopping and I dropped a ton of money buying books and stuff for the members. Thankfully when it is changed to dollars, it really wasn´t that much to sacrifice. Got to eat yummy Asuncion food and then had to wait till midnight to catch our bus. That was a bummer. Fortunately some lady came and sat down with us and talked to me for 2 hours. She didn´t have too much good to say and she didn´t really accept our message too well, but it helped pass the time. She tried to make me buy her food. Thats against the rules so I bought some food for myself and shared. She tried to tell me off for not being a better Samaritan and giving of myself. I had to explain to her about 5 times the rules. When she finally understood, she felt kind of bad. haha. Oh well. I liked being able to help her out and still keep the rules. That made me happy. We got home at about 7 in the morning. 2 nights of just bus sleep. Man I was tired. But, we cleaned the church and got our study on. We´re trying really hard to work hard and effective. Taught a good lesson to the lady that came to church last week. Sunday we were looking pretty good for people in church. As usual, most people that had promised to come didn{t, but there was one lady who is living with some members that came. She really liked it. In zone conference we talked a lot about how every companionship needs to be doing everything possible to baptize this month, and so she´s our most hopeful one. Anyways. That was the week. Sorry that it wasn´t that crasy. Hope you liked it. We´re having fun, trying hard, and I´m having a blast. Training is super fun. Elder Svedin is great. Anyways, continue to have a great week! Talk to you on sunday! Chau! Love ya, Elder Humphreys

No comments: