Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Saltos - Week 7

Hey family and friends. How goes it! Hope everything is well. We had a pretty cool week here in Saltos. At least I did. Can´t speak for my comps... lol. But yeah. I´m really short on time so I´ll have to make it quick.   First of all I forgot to mention that last week I finished the Book of Mormon in Spanish for the first time. Took a while, especially at the beginning when it was really hard to understand. But that was really fun. I love the book of mormon and its awesome that no matter how many times that you read it, you still leave knowing and really being able to feel that its true. Awesome.   Monday. Worked hard. Normal. Kept wondering about changes. Got home and they didn´t show up until really late. That was annoying. But................................ I found out that.............. I would be training! How cool is that right? Kind of nerve wracking too though but oh well. Elder Humphreys is now a daddy. But more on that later.   Tuesday we just spent with a quick district meeting, then lunching, last minute shopping for Elder Wheatley and then packing. Sad to see him go so quick. He was really great and I really relied on him a lot as far as our plannning and everything went. Great guy. Spent the day saying goodbyes and everyththing. Managed to miraculously get them all in and just in time. Grabbed a couple of things for our training meeting and went to the bus terminal. Well, packing little didn´t pay off. Didn´t bring my usual travel pepto bismol or imodium. Well... payed for that later. Just as we were about to get on the bus I realized that I was pretty sick. Too late to turn back though. Got on. Worst bus ride of my life. Fortuately managed to survive it and only had a few panicy moments. Hardly slept at all though.   Made it to Asuncion alive. It was really fun to go back to the office and see tons of people that I knew from my office days. Miss the place. So many good memories. Elder Richins is doing a great job though. Really proud of him. Had a great training meeting. Really cool to know that the Lord trusts me to help train one of His new missionaries. Means that the presure is on though. No room to slip up or be the least bit inobedient. Not that I wasn´t shooting for 100% obedience before, but yeah. Gives you even more motivation. Learned about the importance of training with obedience, hard work and with the spirit. Anyways. My kids name is Elder Svedin. He´s from Utah/Arizona ish. Hes great. Hes got an awesome testimony, a great attitude, a incredible conversion story, hes really motivated by his love and testimony, he´s not afraid to work hard or open his mouth (even though hes just started learning spanish in the last couple of months). Not to mention that, but hes really humble, he likes some really cool stuff, and best of all, he´s willing to put up with me. haha. I´m super happy that I got so lucky. I feel bad... it sounds like Elder Thomson (my old office comp), got a slightly lazier, not as motivated comp. I didn´t really get to know him, but he was Elder Svedins MTC comp. All I know is that I feel really blessed for what the Lord has blessed me with, especially in the case of my missionary ¨offspring¨. haha.   Started getting to work with Elder Svedin on Thursday. Had fun. We have this cool study program which I´m sad didn´t exist at the beggining of my mission. We spend 2 extra hours in the house each day which is a bummer, but I really think that its going to help him to be a pro in no time. We will be together at least until the very last 2 weeks of my mission. So thats kind of interesting that my destiny is kind of decided now. We had a great day. Had a Ward night at the end of the day. It was fun. Bad turn out but oh well. The only sad part was that a bunch of the kids had fun at Elder S´s expense. But he´s got a great sense of humor so no worries there. Thank goodness. He´ll pick the language up soon enough. Anyways, the rest of the week was really fun. The only slightly discouraging part is that when we do something like service or weekly planning and then we have our extra studies, it feels like we hardly have any time at all in our area. thats kind of a fun sucker. I´ve been having a hard time balancing everything out with the time we have - visiting members, investigators, contacting etc. But I´m sure we´ll be able to smooth it out in time.   Saturday night we taught a quick lesson with a family we had met. Sunday the lady miraculously showed up at church. That was really cool. She left early because her kid was being a disaster but hopefully she liked it. Church was kind of a disaster, but oh well.   Anyways. Gotta run. But.... HAPPY B-DAY TO MARISSA AND KEVIN THIS WEEK! LOVE YA! Hope that they go great. Turns out that while I´ve been gone, everything at home has all of a sudden become super technologically advanced, and that all these cool movies are out and all of this other crasy stuff. So hope that you have some cool hi-tech birthdays full of technology and cool movies. And then we´ll enjoy them when I get back. lol.   Anyways. Glad you had a great week. Crasy that Riley is already going on a mission. Hard to believe. Great work on tthe play. Thanks for the work on the house. Sounds great. Funny that you visit Edmonton so much when you didn´t even visit me when I lived there. haha. Anyways. Have a great week. Love ya.   Elder Humphreys  

No comments: