Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Saltos - Week 16

Hello hello. Glad to be able to write this week. I´m in slightly unusual circumstances this week. But good ones. Strangely enough, I write you once again from one of my favorite computer/office spots in the world - thats right. My very own/former office desk. Ah. How I´ve missed this place. My home away from home. But I´ll explain later.
This week went really well for us. Monday I was without Elder Svedin. So I was going to have to go out with the other guys. But then in the middle of the day a recent convert/20 year old kid asked if he could go out with us. Jackpot. We went out and ran around for the night. That was the start of our success. Usually you only get a little done on P-day night, but somehow we managed to get a bunch more done. So that was good. Picked up Elder Svedin that night. Made it back alive with only a couple mishaps. Hes a good kid. I got lucky.
Tuesday. Had our district meeting and whatnot. It went okay I guess. I´m not the best district meeting teacher. But, that afternoon we went and got to work. Got a bunch done again. Crasy. Had a couple good successfull days in a row. Left with the same kid. Went great.
I don´t know if you´ve been noticing the news but there has been a little unrest here in the country lately. Thankfully, it has had basically no effect on us at all. The only possible thing being that if they stop shipping gas into the country, me and my comp might have to hitch a horse and buggy back to town. I´m not going to lie... we´re super excited. haha.
Wednesday. Our lunch visit fell apart on us for the second day in a row. But we didn´t let that slow us down. That day I did a division in the other area of Saltos.... things are going a little rougher over there. So... we basically just talked to strangers all day and hopefully found somebody that will progress in the future. It was fun. A little challenging when people don´t want to let you in and you have no back up sit down plans. But, it went well. Thanks to a full day of contacting new people, I was able to reach the goal we have of talking to people during the week. So that was good. I learned a couple of things from Elder Schmidt, and hopefully he learned a thing or two from me too.
But yeah. Back to my area. Thursday. Another great day. We took a gamble and took a really long walk to talk to somebody in the morning. Thankfully we remembered to call this time and so it all worked out. Great. Then we had ward night, which usually takes a lot of the wind out of our lesson teaching sails, but somehow, we were able to have another quite successful day. Really, we could see the Lord blessing us this week. Met lots of new people, and were able to share with many about the gospel. Always is great to be able to do that. That night the ward activity kind of fell apart, as the people that were supposed to be there never showed up, and we weren´t able to plan the cool activity that we wanted to do. But oh well.
Friday. Another pretty good day. Met lots of new people. The people that we already knew are doing decently well also. Adriana is still SUPER actively involved in the church and such. Her husband... still not really at all. Oh well. We keep praying and hoping we´ll be able to find a way to help him change.
Anyways. I mismanaged my time this week and so I have to hurry. Saturday had a really cool experience. We got to talk with Cleverson. He was going through a really hard time. But he told us that he took our advice and prayed to know what to do. Later that week he quit his job so that there is nothing that could keep him from going to church on Sunday, and the Lord blessed him so that his family didn´t even get super mad at him like he thought that they wood. More details to the story, but it was really cool to see how by his faith his prayers were answered. He´s awesome. He shared with us his feelings and thanked us for all of our words and guidance. Apparently he keeps a journal of all of the important things that we tell him and how they have blessed him. Awesome. Almost got me tearing up. Almost...
Sunday was good. Not as many investigators as we had hoped for, but a good turn out anyways. Cleverson got called as the Executive Secretary of the ward. He makes his missionaries proud. Then after going to go out and work, we had another miraculous day and found a couple cool families to teach and work with. In the end, we had one of the most successful weeks of my time here in Saltos for sure, and maybe even in the last while in my mission, at least as far as the numbers show. So that was great. I´m not quite sure why the Lord decided to bless us so much, but we´re planning on doing everything that we can to keep the ball rolling.
Happy birthday to Grandma Humphreys this week! Also, sorry to write so late, but Happy Canada day too!!!
Today was really cool. They decided to have a special meeting for all of the zone and district leaders here in Asuncion. It was really good and I´m excited to apply it. But the other thing I really loved was just that the majority of my favorite missionaries were there. It was just like a big sweet family reunion. We got to play soccer, and we played as the team of old oficinistas. We kicked butt, only losing one game. So much fun, even though I did get my big toe nail kind of destroyed. It also meant that I got my letters and packages more early than normal. That was awesome. I love the package so much, especially because I wasn´t expecting anything more to come for me. It was super fun too. We had a blast trying to guess the numbers and figure it all out. Great stuff. Thanks!!!
I´m excited. Fun stories for the week. Fun choir meal, congrats on the Elementary grad, the fun hotel search, more awards (Great job), and crasy Triathalon stories. I enjoyed it. Have fun.
Anyways, I gotta run. Thanks for everything. Love you all a bunch. Have a great week! CHAU!



Elder Humphreys

No comments: