Monday, July 23, 2012

Saltos - Week 19

HEY! Hows everybody. So I was thinking and I realized that I´d be home soon and so it wasn´t worth writing much this week. lol. Okay, not really, but at the same time, i just spent a bunch of time talking with Elder Svedin about all of the crasy news and letters that he got and so now I´m short on time. As always. Glad to hear that everyone is doing well though.


Anyways. Our week was good. Changes news came on Monday. We were a little anxious but all is well. We stayed, and we were mercifully saved from being in a trio. Aparently President didn´t know that you wouldn´t be here till the 4th. i might sleep on the floor a night or two, but now he knows so we´ll make it work. Elder Schmidt is training. His kid is really cool.


Tuesday we did a division. Elder Svedin got stuck doing contacts all day. Aparently a lot of people were mean to him. Poor guy. Hope that once I´m gone and stop talking so much that he´ll have more time to practice. I talk way too much. Dang it. I had fun though. I left with Cleverson and we had a great day. Talked to Elder Patterson. Weird to think that he´s home...


Wednesday we had to go medicine shopping. Turns out that Elder SVedin got scabies or something like that. A little mite that lives under the skin. Thankfully we caught it early. Thursday he was in the house all day in bug killing cream with a member and I did another division. Apparently it was SUPER itchy. Hopefully we got it before it got passed to me.... lol?


Thursday was good. It was weird just being with a kid from the ward. Especially when we went to ward night and I was basically by myself with all the members. But I had fun. Got more work done. Lots of lessons with members this week.


Friday we got to teach the Word of Wisdom to an investigator that is looking to get baptized. Hard for her to give it up. But, in an act of faith we fetched the cigarettes from her house and she passed them off to me. So that was cool. Especially because that meant that I had a brand new pack of smokes in my pocket... jk. But that was a new experience. First time I actually almost had a descent opportunity to break the word of wisdom if I wanted. haha. Thankfully we weren´t tempted. We got to break them up and toss them into the river. Hopefully her habits are as broken up and destroyed as those smokes were. But I´m sure she´ll be able to do that.


Saturday was good. We got to visit the family that we´ve been working with. They are doing great. We visited them with members earlier in the week. They talked all in Guarani. Ugh. But it was good for them. Saturday we talked about the Plan of Salvation. The mom is really excited to be baptized, and the girls are following right behind. One even quit her job to come to church this week. Awesome. We had interviews and a really good lunch (thanks to President) that day too in the morning. That was good. He invited me to hold on strong till the end. I told him not to worry about it :). Also had to go to this awkward birthday party at Adrianas house. Thankfully we didn´t have to stay too long .Parties are no fun as missionaries. lol


Sunday was good. I gave my last talk. Talked about the members doing their part to help have real growth in the ward. I think it went alright. The Zaracho´s went and so they are looking really good for baptism next week. I´m really excited for that. Things are good here, and I´m having a blast, while still excited to run around and visit everyone.


Anyways. I gotta run. I love you all lots. Thanks for everything. Weird that I´ll be home so soon. Keep up the good work and have fun at your camps and cabins and whatnot. Love ya. Chau!


Elder Humphreys

No comments: