Monday, July 30, 2012

Saltos - Week 20

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii. So. This is it. I´m done with the letters. Thats weird. It went by so fast.... almost too fast. But yeah. Glad that the week went well and that everyones doing good. Just happy and waiting for me to get back... lol. But yeah. Lots to say. Little time.
This week went incredibly well. It was awesome to see how the Lord blessed us for working hard upuntil the end. We weren´t really expecting it, but in the end, we ended the week with 5 baptisms. What a great way to end up a mission. That meant that the week was pretty hecktic and we ran around a ton. But it was totally worth it. Its left me with a kind of spiritual hangover to start this week, after being on such a spiritual high last week, but I´m really happy.
Monday. I realized that my second last pairs of pants has another hole in the butt. Ugh. Thankfully they don´t have to last much longer. By the way dad. I don´t remember if I remembered last week, but another pair of contacts would be great. If you could.
Tuesday. We thought it out and I was talking with the zone leaders and we realized that the family we were working with could be baptized this week and that there was no need to delay. So me and my comp planned out every day and started teaching a bunch of stuff and doing a lot of preparations and verifying. The Zaracho family is awesome and super prepared and so it wasn´t all that tricky. Had some really long lessons and by about friday we had 3 solid baptisms lined up and good to go. That night we also had a super blessing as we passed by a member families house and they offered us dinner and we talked about their daughters baptism. She lives far away and so President had originally told us that she wouldn´t be able to get baptized. But, she called him up after talking, he realized that she was ready and should be baptized. So that was another person to work with. 4 baptisms this weekend.
Wednesday. Taught some long lessons. I also found 20 mil on the ground and so that made me really happy (its like finding 20 dollars but Paraguayan style).
Thursday. Same thing.
Friday. We were doing our weekly planning and realized that one of the other zaracho daughters was ready for baptism, and that we just hadn´t considered it because she hadn´t been to church very many times. But, one easy call to President and he said that it would be a reasonable course of action to have her baptized with her family. Wow. What a blessing. So. We had 5 interviews that day. Rough on the guy that had to come out and do all of the interviews, but totally worth it.
Saturday was the day of the baptisms. We spent all day working. Cleaning all the church by ourselves, cleaning out the font (that was really gross) and running around like crasy. Some good old physically demanding missionary work. But totally worth it. The baptism was awesome and really spiritual. It had tons of things that didn´t go according to plan, like nobody showing up on time, there not being enough baptismal clothes for everyone, the fact that I ripped the crotch of my pants, the fact that some of the baptismal clothes became seethrough when wet, and the fact that the water level dropped a lot right before the baptism, making the baptisms tricky. But in the end. Awesome. Really spiritual. They are great. Even payed their tithing right there at the baptism. I loved it. Elder Svedin did 2 and I did 2.
Sunday morning we went and had the last baptism in the river. Also really cool. I´ll have to send the pics later when I have more time. All of them came to church and were confirmed. Awesome. Great way to end.
Anyways. Today has been a little hectic. Still not sure when I go to Asuncion and how long I´ll wait it out here. Oh well. HAving fun. Super excited to run around and see dad.
Cool news about Elder Patterson, the wedding, hail and efy. Sad that I missed it. The church will pay for my second suitcase so no worries there. It makes me happy that you´re bringing stuff to give away. No need to be nervous. I´m here. :) It´ll be fun. We´ll make it work. Anyways. Thats it. Gotta run.
I love you lots. The mission has been an absolute blast. The Lord has blessed us and me so much and I´ve learned tons. I think I´ll try and write again something next Monday. But. For now I have to run. Thanks for the support and reading all of my letters! Love ya all and see you super soon!!!!!
Elder Humphreys

No comments: