Monday, July 16, 2012

Saltos - Week 18

HI! So. We had another good week. Actually, it went quite well. I hadfun. Its great and sad at the same time – it seems like the less time that Ihave left, the more success we´ve been having. We´re still looking for thatbaptism, but for the first time in a while it looks like we have a couplereally seguro (…ready…?) people lined up. So that’s been really great. We´rehaving fun. We´re kind of scared because we have changes coming up this week.Hopefully President doesn´t throw us a curve ball – I´d really just like tofinish here and hopefully I can just stay here with Elder Svedin. But we´llsee. Its in the Lords hands now. 
Anyways. Like I said. Good week. Monday was kind of a disaster. We were going to be done all on time, but then a member called us up and needed help. She stopped by while we were writing and told us about all of her marriage problems and how her husband was cheating on her etc. Ugh. Thats no fun. So we were fortunately able to help her out a bit. Convinced her not to do anything dumb and offered our help. So we were working with her and her family a bit this week. Its a bummer because the hermano should know better. But, we do what we can. That evening.... it was alright. We had helped the Hna and so we got out just on time but didn´t get to do our shopping. Had to jog out and get them Wednesday morningish.


Tuesday went well. Had cow stomach for lunch. I was the only one that ate all of it. One at most of it. The other shamelessly left it on his plate. Elder Svedin... he slipped it into his bag while nobody was looking. haha. At least he did his best to not offend them by not eating his food. lol. Then we had a nice long walk out to one of our main investigators. Shes doing really well, seeing a LOT of change in her life through the gospel. Thats nice to see. I also talked to her boyfriend - he was in jail. Apparently people in jail here have cellphones and everything. Ridiculous. Anyways, apparently he´s a member and everything so we had a nice long chat. He might get out this week. We´ll see if thats a good or a bad thing. Also shared with the Flia Zaracho. They´re doing great. More on that later.


Wednesday we had a fun little lesson when a guy walked in in the middle of the chat. He is a member from Ciudad del Este. Anyways, he talked our ears off and effectively ruined the lesson. Thankfully it was just with a less active member and was understanding. Somehow we just happen to be attracting slightly crasy people to us from all over the place. Had some good visits. Watched Together Forever with the family with problems. My favorite church movie. :) It was kind of awkward though because in the last moment they invited all of the youth from the ward over, AND the dads ex-wife was there with his kid. Weird. But, we made it work.


Fun stuff this week - not sure why but both me and my comp had random dreams with each others families. Apparently in his he came to visit us in Canada in one of his dads cars. He offered to let dad drive it and he refused, but Elder Svedin convinced him. Ya well, in the end, dad crashed it. hahaha. I thought that was funny, and commented that that specific car he was talking about (and deffinately does) cost more than our house. That wierded Elder Svedin out to hear - that was the exact same thing that I said in the dream. lol. So thankfully dream cars are cheaper than real cars or dad, you´d owe Elder Svedin 1.3 million or so. Try to be more carefull next time. lol.


Thursday we got to talk to Adriana again. Shes doing well. Lets just say that shes not married yet but she´s doing an awesome job of keeping ALL of the commandments. Her husband is getting pretty frustrated. She is even getting creative and having her niece over to visit for the night and everything. One of my best non baptized converts for sure. Ward night was a disaster but oh well. Everything else went swell.


Friday. Awesome lessons. We got some members over to visit the Zarachos and they just talked and talked and talked in Guarani. I didn´t understand a thing, but was happy. I think it helped them a lot. We also went back out to our far away investigator. She told us that she really wants to get baptized, because she knows its true. Ended the night accidently ending up and a big birthday party at the church. We left early. Parties here are lame. lol


Weighed myself today. Lets just say that you probably won´t recognize me anymore - I´m fat. As in 10 to 15 pounds extra. Ouch.


Saturday. Little bit of a disaster. The upside being that EVERYONE gave us food. We also got attacked by drunks all night long. I let Elder Svedin take care of the worst ones while I got the references of the better less drunk ones. haha. I don´t think Elder Svedin liked it, but it was effective. I liked it too because the drunks kept asking me if I was Chilean or Uruguayan or something. I take that as a compliment. I don´t seem too foreign anymore so thats nice.


Anyways. Sunday was great. 3 of the Zarachos went. The lady that lives far (Guillermina), and another person we recently found. Lots of people so I was happy. There were a ton of people in church too. It was crasy. So that was awesome. Got some more great visits done. The Zarachos are awesome. The more I look at it, the more I realize that the Lord sent us to their house at least 3 times before we took the hint. Its a bummer we didn´t notice sooner. But really, they are some super chosen and elect people and the Hna and a couple of the kids are really excited to get baptized. I´m sure the rest will follow. Awesome.


Anyways, all in all a great week. I think that it was the first time in my mission that I passed all of my goals (besides baptism), and we can really see how the Lord is blessing us. We´ll see how the changes go. But yeah. I´m out of time. On the computer and on the mission. All my clothes are worn out, one of my shoes are even growing mould (not sure why....lol), and the clock is winding down. But we´re giving it our all. We´ll see how the changes go. But, thanks for everything. Love you tons, and talk to you all next week. CHAU!


Cleversons baptism


Me and Elder Svedin in our matching shades



Elder Humphreys

No comments: